Best driving/racing game out now?

elric718

CAG Veteran
While waiting for the best racing game of all time to finally come out, what racing games are best out there for PS3?

Burnout Paradise seems to be a consensus choice, but what about if you like real cars?

I am probably getting Dirt 2 in the near future.

NFS Shift is good...if you like driving on ice.

Slim pickins on the PS3 really. Your best bet is Motorstorm, Dirt 1 or 2, Ridge Racer for pure arcade racing, or GT5: P until GT5 comes out.

i'm a big fan of dirt2, although i'm anxious for GT5....grid is pretty cool, for the price, it's made by codemasters (makers of dirt) a bit of a toca'ish game, obviously since they made that also, years ago....and it still has pretty decent online...i'd say it's worth the 20 bucks, you can usually get it for. wasn't really a fan of shift, for some reason. i also pop in prologue every so often.

NFS Shift is ok. Like the previous poster, the controls definitely suck. Maybe its just me, but I can't find a good control scheme. It's either too easy to control or just down right impossible to control.

Motorstorm PR is great. However get ready to battle rubberband AI as you progress through the single player. Pebbles can own you in that game if you're not paying attention.

Sega Rally Revo is a nice game though. Won't turn heads, but it's definitely an Arcade off road type game. The terrain deformation is nice too.

Played both Motorstorm and its sequel. Nothing really popped out of them to make a recommendation.

I would recommend Pure. Its kind of arcade-y but has some depth as well. Oh, its fun to play too! :)

Just got my Dirt 2 copy and fired it up tonight, and that did the trick.

If you need real cars, then that has to be it for now.

burnout imo is the best but i do enjoy racing in gta4 its got a realistic feel to it and because of the openess of the world you get more of an eanything can haen feel to it insead of feeling like youre always stuck on this one track with those odd walls you can go past through or around.

I like Motorstorm Pacific Rift myself - beautiful graphics, multiple paths through the courses depending on the vehicle type you pick, split screen multiplayer (up to 4). I got it for $10 ($20 sale price - $10 reward zone GC) at Best Buy a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be one of my favorite PS3 pickups ever. Look for it if it ever goes on sale again.

bread's done
Back