Best DVD burning program

dvd shrink/ dvd decrypter / anydvd.... and for the movies that are newly encrypted I use ripit4me to rip it to the hard drive than use dvd shrink/decrypter on those files.

I run DVD Shrink linked to Nero (only way nero wont crash my system)-shrink is free. also use dvd43 as a security tool wich is free as well. shrink also makes movies fit on discs most other programs say are to big to fit, and also lets you edit features and such. Best program i'v come across- next i would recomed clone dvd, but that is a "have to buy to use" program once the free trial runs out. dvddecrypter was good linked to nero, but lacked the compresion ability shrink has. I'v used many, many dvd programs, and dvd shrink is the easiest and best IMO

[quote name='BasketCase1080']dvd shrink/ dvd decrypter / anydvd.... and for the movies that are newly encrypted I use ripit4me to rip it to the hard drive than use dvd shrink/decrypter on those files.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I use DVDFab, DVD shrink, and then Nero. Works every time. Used to use decrypter but they stopped upgrading it due to legal issues I think.

i use swiftdisk which is very clean and light, nero has become to bloated for my uses plus I have had issues with it

[quote name='BasketCase1080']dvd shrink/ dvd decrypter / anydvd.... and for the movies that are newly encrypted I use ripit4me to rip it to the hard drive than use dvd shrink/decrypter on those files.[/QUOTE]

Does DVD34 do the same thing that dvd decrypter does?

What format do you use when copying? Full copy with compression or movie only to maintain quality?

[quote name='DrFoo']Yeah I use DVDFab, DVD shrink, and then Nero. Works every time. Used to use decrypter but they stopped upgrading it due to legal issues I think.[/QUOTE]

decrypter's programer sold his company and pulled it, thats why there has been no updates. as to the other ?, DVD43 breaks security on dvds for burning. On dvd shrink, you can select the rate of compresion used, or let it auto run it's own, as well as edit menues, subtitles, audio channels ect ect off the disc if you dont want it, as well as remove any security from going onto the copy so someone else can copy it with no problems. dvd shrink also makes an exact copy of the disc, all content, just minus the label on the front of the disc

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Can any of these programs burn a viewable DVD using an MPEG 2 file?[/QUOTE]

If the MPEG2 is already DVD ready then you should be able to use most any app that can burn DVD video to burn it (but the app has to be able to burn a DVD video disc- a DVD data disc won't work in most cases). If not, most burning apps will convert it so that you'll be able to watch it on a regular DVD player.

I say Nero as well but Nero's not what it used to be. All these new extra apps that come packed with Nero suck. I got the Premium version or something with my DVD burner and all I installed was Nero Burning ROM.

I use ConvertXtoDVD, because I can convert (legal files) to dvd and then burn them all in one step! But for backups, I use nero.

Search afterdawn.com

The best RipIt4Me and it requires you to download shrink, dvd decrypter, Fixvts, and maybe another one.

All free and highly regarded.

bread's done
Back