Best E/E10+ PS2 family games?

spideymike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hey guys,

My library is looking to purchase a few games for families. Anyone have some good ideas for titles alongside stuff like Karaoke Revolution, DDR, and Madden: NFL?

Thanks,
Mike

Rock Band and Buzz come to mind. Happy I don't think kingdom hearts is such a good game because I have a feeling hes looking for family oriented games that include multiplayer.

[quote name='spideymike']Hey guys,

My library is looking to purchase a few games for families. Anyone have some good ideas for titles alongside stuff like Karaoke Revolution, DDR, and Madden: NFL?

Thanks,
Mike[/quote]

I would say Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero cause those are group-oriented games, but Rock Band and Guitar Hero are rated T, so I don't know if you'd run into trouble with those.

I would also recommend Singstar but I see you've already got Karaoke Revolution in mind. They've got different songs, but I don't know what kind of budget your library is on.

Thanks for the input. We already have the T-rated games covered like GH and Rock Band. Singstar/Karaoke Revolution are pretty similiar, so those would be great. And yes, Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be great just because it's an RPG and that's not something that multiple families can play at once or easily take turns. Good game though.

The LEGO games immediately come to mind, as those are a blast for all ages. A friend and I recently finished LEGO Star Wars and will probably start on LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy soon. They recently released LEGO Indiana Jones, and I believe the Batman installment is gonna see a PS2 release later this year as well...

Also keep in mind the "E10+" rating was only recently created (2005 I believe), so there are a lot of tamer "T" games out there that would have had the "E10+" rating had it been an option before then. Just mentioning that so you don't overlook certain titles by limiting your search to just the E's...

The only problem with Rock Band, as far as its T rating, comes when your (young) kids, or worse, your nephews/nieces, start singing the lyrics. Yeah, they probably hear these lyrics anyway, but there is a difference between just listening to a song versus actually reading/concentrating on and singing the lyrics. When your seven year old nephew starts singing about "whores" it might give you pause. It's definitely something you should make a decision on of your own accord. The best way to do that is to sing all of the songs and see what you think. You could always make up a list of songs the kids aren't allowed to play. Also if they aren't singing, it's a complete non-issue.

Shrek 2 is a solid multiplayer game and the level design is pretty well designed so that every character plays a role.

Get an eyetoy and sega superstars

bread's done
Back