Best flash based MP3 player for the money?

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I need to get an Mp3/Audio player that is Flash memory based, relatively inexpensive, and can take some punishment. 2-4GB would be fine, more is a plus. I need it for the gym (I dropped a 130lb dumbell on my last one) and for the field (my officer training school actually allows Mp3 players...if you're not a fuck up).

Thanks!

WTF? i'm surprised you didn't accidently crush the iPod after curling the 130 lbs dumbells...holy crap!...if you don't need the screen and just need something small that plays music, you can just do a iPod Shuffle. New ones are 1 or 2 Gigs and you can just clip it to your sleeves.

I use a Sansa Clip. Not sure it could withstand a 130 lb dumbell. Wtf were you doing with that? But I like it b/c it clips to you and you're done. Also has FM radio if you fancy.

I like the sandisk sansa. Has an fm radio and an expansion port for SD cards.

So if you run out of space, you can always add more.

That and it's compatible with Rockbox...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigB']The creative zen, Stone is da best.

Maybe he was shruging or pressing that weight. Shrugs I bet.[/QUOTE]

For the record I was doing bent-over one arm rows. My player fell out of my pocket on my last rep, I was so into it I didn't notice, and dropped the dumbell right on it. It actually survived, but the headphone jack is fucked, and it freezes up a lot now. My working set for barbell shrugs is 515lbs.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll check them out. any more?

I would have to say an ipod got a 4gb ipod nano I found in a parking lot that looks like it got ran over(dented badly!). The lcd is pretty messed up but the thing still plays!

I'd just wait for woot.com to sell one of their many refurbed sansa models. Cheap. So, it won't matter it you bust it at the gym or lose it.

I use a Sansa e280 but it seems a little large compared to the models like the click. FM radio and micro SD upgradeable.

I have a Sansa Fuze and loved it...but I recently got an IPOD Touch. The fuxe was a great player...however, I'm not sure any mp3 player will take 130lb punishment.

bread's done
Back