Best Fried Fast Food Chicken - Pollo Campero

indy2029

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just had some fried chicken from Pollo Campero....My GOD!!!! Best fried chicken ever! So juicy and favorful! Wingstop is my place for wings, pollo campero is my NEW place for fried chicken. Anyone care to share their fave places?

I love Bojangles fried chicken. And they have the best sweet tea I have had (very strong, but just awesome).

For Wings I prefer breaded wings from Gators Dockside.

I know that Bojangles is a southeastern restaurant, and I am not sure if Gators is outside of Florida. Of course I'm willing to try either food at another area, so suggestions are great.

It's a wonder how KFC's chicken dominates all other fried chicken restaurants. Their sides are good, but their chicken is quite average.

[quote name='indy2029']It's a wonder how KFC's chicken dominates all other fried chicken restaurants. Their sides are good, but their chicken is quite average.[/quote]The same way Pizza Hut dominates all other pizza places. There's more of them.

Kyochon chicken is the best fried chicken! Too bad its only in the los angeles area...and i think one location in new york. Its korean style--the best!

Dudes, you haven't lived until you've had Honey Kettle Fried Chicken. I go to the location in Culver City, but their other location is in COMPTON so you just KNOW it's got to be good and too legit to quit.

[quote name='indy2029']It's a wonder how KFC's chicken dominates all other fried chicken restaurants. Their sides are good, but their chicken is quite average.[/quote]

Average? AVERAGE??? Their chicken is so far BELOW average it's not even funny. That shit is NASTY. I don't think it's even fried anymore, so it's totally disgusting.

And to the dude in LA who said Kyochon - where is that place? In K-Town I assume? You need to go try Honey Kettle and I'll try Kyochon.

[quote name='Deefuzz']Popeye's is by far my favorite. KFC is garbage.[/quote]

Agreed. Popeye's dominates KFC in both chicken and sides. Popeye's biscuits are on a whole other level.

[quote name='Kendro']Agreed. Popeye's dominates KFC in both chicken and sides. Popeye's biscuits are on a whole other level.[/quote]

Plus Popeye's has the spicy chicken unlike KFC who just came out with breaded spicy wings.

[quote name='karmapolice']Plus Popeye's has the spicy chicken unlike KFC who just came out with breaded spicy wings.[/quote]

Which is just plain blasphemy as far as I'm concerned. No sauce = no eat.

I do like Popeye's but Bonjangle's is the shit. Though the only Bojangles near me is about 25 minutes away and is ghetto as hell.

[quote name='karkyco']Average? AVERAGE??? Their chicken is so far BELOW average it's not even funny. That shit is NASTY. I don't think it's even fried anymore, so it's totally disgusting.

And to the dude in LA who said Kyochon - where is that place? In K-Town I assume? You need to go try Honey Kettle and I'll try Kyochon.[/quote]

Kyochon is in Ktown. 3833 W. 6th. I drive from the valley just to get some of that chicken goodness. Aight...gotta check out honey kettle..might even drive there tonight.

Popeyes? That place was terrible. I was very sad the day the base chose Popeyes... though Anthony's Pizza is still the best pizza.

Fried chicken tastes the same to me everywhere I've had it.

13loco_md.jpg

[quote name='karmapolice']Plus Popeye's has the spicy chicken unlike KFC who just came out with breaded spicy wings.[/quote]

There are about 3 KFCs around me that have "spicy" chicken. I guess it replaces "crispy" on the menu. Popeye's is ok but I like KFC's sides better (biscuits not included).

I remember Pioneer chicken back in the day. Damn... I used to love that place.:drool:

[quote name='karkyco']Dudes, you haven't lived until you've had Honey Kettle Fried Chicken. I go to the location in Culver City, but their other location is in COMPTON so you just KNOW it's got to be good and too legit to quit.[/quote]

just checked out honey kettle at culver city. that place is pretty popular as lots of ucla students eat there...but i gotta say its over rated. albertson's chicken beats that place hands down. their chicken is bland ...no flavor whatsover. the hot sauce gives it a little flavor..but not enough. pretty disappointing for me considering i went there after a two hour drive from san diego..and was really hungry. their biscuits is good though..but chicken is meh.

[quote name='Darwin23']just checked out honey kettle at culver city. that place is pretty popular as lots of ucla students eat there...but i gotta say its over rated. albertson's chicken beats that place hands down. their chicken is bland ...no flavor whatsover. the hot sauce gives it a little flavor..but not enough. pretty disappointing for me considering i went there after a two hour drive from san diego..and was really hungry. their biscuits is good though..but chicken is meh.[/QUOTE]

Hm, I was actually thinking about checking out their spot in compton tomorrow for lunch. Bummer.

bread's done
Back