best game noone talks about for the wii?

Exactamundo. Once you get used to it, the controls are pretty straight forward. Tractor tipping was a bit tough getting used to, but the basic racing mechanics are straightforward.

I nominate Madden for this list. Alongside Metroid 3, I think it's the one genre that has really benefited from the Wii's controls. I tell people to get this game all the time. The controls work really well and make football video games fun again.

I wish more people would buy this so that EA would release the NCAA games for the Wii. I bought NCAA 08 for the PS2 and traded it back on Goozex within a few days -- the dual analog was just so boring compared to the Wii controls. It's just 100x more fun to stiff-arm, throw, hike, kick, catch, swat, etc. with your arms instead of simple buttons.

[quote name='Gator']I nominate Madden for this list. Alongside Metroid 3, I think it's the one genre that has really benefited from the Wii's controls. I tell people to get this game all the time. The controls work really well and make football video games fun again.

I wish more people would buy this so that EA would release the NCAA games for the Wii. I bought NCAA 08 for the PS2 and traded it back on Goozex within a few days -- the dual analog was just so boring compared to the Wii controls. It's just 100x more fun to stiff-arm, throw, hike, kick, catch, swat, etc. with your arms instead of simple buttons.[/QUOTE]

My buddy literally just picked up 2007 last night. We were talking this morning and he said even his wife wants to try madden with him now due to the controls. He (in his short play time) has said its just a very fun game again.

I'm kinda tempted to rebuy Madden 07. I sold it in anticipation of 08 being all-around improved, but it doesn't sound like changing developers was smart. We'll see if EA Canada gets the code back for 09 or if I should just stick with what I enjoyed in the original version since it'll be dirt-cheap soon.

[quote name='t0llenz']I keep hearing people mention Elebits, I also keep seeing it in stores, is it that good?[/quote]
No, not really. It's decent, but by no means is it worth fifty dollars. If you find it for twenty and need a new game, then it may be.

I've seen it cheap used at GameStop and my wife and I just kind of look at it suspiciously each time we pass it by. Was wondering if it was just awful or actually worth a looksie.

Elebits was praised as one of the games for interactivity to a whole new level with the wii mote scheme.

Excite truck was claimed to be a decent, nice racing game for the wii at launch.

Truama Center was one of clean, well done games that brought refreshing new ideas to the wii.

Dragonball freakin ass Z BT2....... not a word

Besides the cries of those who actually played the game.

Godfather Blackhand Edition

Over 40 hours of game play and it's pretty cheap now at $30. The first good Wii port at the time. The nun chuck is your left hand and the remote is your right, and nothing is more satisfying than bringing those two controllers together to grab a store owner by his collar and starting swinging him into his own merchandise. I was pleased with how well the controls work once you get the motions down.

Even though it's multi-platform, I'd say Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Game is fucking great, and makes decent use of the motion controls.

Although it's my first time playing any of the new Mortal Kombat games, as apparently a lot of the stuff in Armageddon is recycled from the others but since I didn't play those it's all fresh to me.

[quote name='Mad D']Godfather Blackhand Edition

Over 40 hours of game play and it's pretty cheap now at $30. The first good Wii port at the time. The nun chuck is your left hand and the remote is your right, and nothing is more satisfying than bringing those two controllers together to grab a store owner by his collar and starting swinging him into his own merchandise. I was pleased with how well the controls work once you get the motions down.[/quote]

Picked up this game the same day I picked up Zack and Wiki, and I've been playing this ever since. Z&W is totally great, don't get me wrong, but this game has that draw of "just one more bank heist" and "I'm almost leveled up, just one more mission..." and so forth. The combat is totally great, too; punching is awesome, and strangling is quite disturbing. Gotta admit, though, it makes me want to play Mafia again...

Heres yet another vote for EXCITRUCK. This game has actually become my favorite game of all time, and I am glad it is getting a little recognition on here.

I actually really enjoyed NFS Carbon as well. I have put over 100hrs into each game.

I am really a racing game fan and I love controlling them with the Wiimote.

MX vs ATV is my most wanted game for this holiday season

I havent played more than a few wii games, but I can tell that most of them suck. The motion control is primitive at this point. The whole cord thing and uncomfortability of the wiimote and dumbchuck is underwhelming. Most companies don't want to make games for this little toy, but when they do you can count on a below 7 rating.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I havent played more than a few wii games, but I can tell that most of them suck. The motion control is primitive at this point. The whole cord thing and uncomfortability of the wiimote and dumbchuck is underwhelming. Most companies don't want to make games for this little toy, but when they do you can count on a below 7 rating.[/quote]
That's pretty weak, dude.

If you're going to troll at least be good at it.

bread's done
Back