Best Game Value 2007

[quote name='io']Super Mario Galaxy, especially considering you could get a $25 GC from TRU or Best Buy along with it to boot. That has to be the best full retail release value I've ever seen.[/quote]

This is my vote

Orange Box wins, hands down. 5 games in one box is the best deal I've gotten in awhile, especially with TF2 and Portal.

I play waaaaaaaaaay more COD4 then anything else, I first thougt Orange Box, but that incredible COD4 mutiplayer insures I get play at least 4 nights a week.

I have to go with Call of Duty 4. I got lucky to get it for $39.99 with Amazon's DotD, but it would easily be worth full price. I really enjoyed single player and try to get online just about every night and it isn't getting old.

I don't know how you can't vote for Orange Box here. It's 5 games (well really 3 + expansions), but it's great, the achievements are great, Portal alone is worth the price, and TF2 is just a lot of fun.

CoD4 was an amazing campaign... but it was way too damn short. As for multiplayer? TF2's got it beat.

Sorry but there's no way CoD4 beats Orange Box value-wise.

Super Mario Galaxy, since I've bought it it's about the only game my Wii ever has in it, unless someone else wants to play Wii Sports or something.

not to beat the horse TOO much...Orange Box for Portal and HL2. Will reserve judgement on CoD4 - haven't played it yet (I know, I know...)

I went with the Orange Box, but I think Super Mario Galaxy should get an honorable mention, if only because all of its varied and delightful gameplay was incorporated into a single game. The Orange Box's value really stems from the inclusion of multiple games, several of which have been released before. It's much harder to create that sense of "Wow, there's so much here to do!" in a single game.

I'm still working on Episode Two of The Orange Box and it is hands down the best value I have ever received from 60 dollars.

The Orange Box. Mario Galaxy with the gift card is a really good deal, but the average price of each game that's in The Orange Box is even better. Mario with the $25 card equals out to $25 (duh), but if The Orange Box is going for $60, each game averages out to $15. One game for $25? Or 4 games for $60 equaling out to $15 each? What deal sounds better?

I wouldn't have voted for Toys R Us in the Brick And Mortar thread if there was some kind of gift card deal with Orange Box at another retailer.

Damn it, as soon I saw the title of the award I thought "The Orange Box" immediately but then you included Puzzle Quest which is pretty sweet(by the way, would anyone like to play with me? :) PC version, add me on XFire) and Mario Galaxy, which my brother really likes, though I still haven't played.

But I guess I'll still go with"The Orange Box", I mean, the Half-Lifes, Team Fortress 2 AND Portal? How do you beat that value?.

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

5 solid games for 50 or 60$ depending on what console or pc. Great value if your cheap to spend 60$ on 1 game.

Orange Box baby. I was so into the single player experience I never played TF2 until recently now that I have its the only game I leave in my 360. I am even thinking about picking it up for my PC but I am going to have to wait for the price to drop on it first but damn its my favorite game.

bread's done
Back