Best gaming headset for the PS3?

scubabear

CAGiversary!
Hey, all.

My son has been saving money for a while to get the best gaming headset he can find.  He is leaning toward the Turtle Beach XP510 or the Astro.  He hasn't done much research, but these are the two his friends are telling him about.  Anyone have any opinions on these or others that would be great for a hardcore gamer?

PS He had the Sony Bluetooth headphones, but they kept breaking.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If he wants to save a few bucks over the options you listed, I would certainly recommend the PlayStation Pulse Elite headset. It has a lot of nice options and looks a lot better than the ones with the mic out in front of their mouths. I wear them on the bus or on a walk when I want music. It is very convenient and can be used with any device. Even without the boom mic, it picks up my voice very well. Sounds are clear and programmable for different game genres using the free app on PSN.

Sorry, if that sounds too much like an advertisement, but I really like these. Here is the link to it on amazon, although its about the same price all around.

If he wants to save a few bucks over the options you listed, I would certainly recommend the PlayStation Pulse Elite headset. It has a lot of nice options and looks a lot better than the ones with the mic out in front of their mouths. I wear them on the bus or on a walk when I want music. It is very convenient and can be used with any device. Even without the boom mic, it picks up my voice very well. Sounds are clear and programmable for different game genres using the free app on PSN.

Sorry, if that sounds too much like an advertisement, but I really like these. Here is the link to it on amazon, although its about the same price all around.
They are the best bar none for the PS3.

bread's done
Back