Best HD DVD shopping day ever!

DanDaMan069

CAG Veteran
I hit the jackpot today for some HD DVD's! Went to my local CC and asked them to PM their website and then add the 50% off..it was a no go.. But I asked them to scan a few to see what the prices were and I got lucky with two:)
TROY-$12.50 (online price is $34..HD DVD did not have sticker)
Blade Runner 5 disc CE-$12.50

The rest were regular 50% off, I picked up 4 other movies for $12.50 ea...
Then I went to my local BB, where I have had nothing but luck! Just for the hell of it...just thought I would give it a try.... I brought in my Discovery Store printout showing the Planet Earth for $29.99-$5 discount.. I then asked them if they would price match? They brought out a corporate email and started reading through the rules..that was dated APRIL 3,2008..they let me read it. Anyways, she went to look it up and came back and said.. ok, its $29.99+$3.22 for shipping..we have to charge you shipping. So I got..
Planet Earth 4 disc set (BBC version-1080p) for $33.21!! :rock2: :rock2: :rock2: :rock2:
Just when I didnt think it could get any better, I brought out the CC ad, and showed them the 50% off sale which stated online also.. "We will look them up on their website (CC) and then give you the 50% off!" The only catch was do to their new protocol for PM..I could only PM 3 HD DVD's for today... so I got..
Superman-$10
Superman 2-$10
Superman Returns (HD DVD/DVD combo)-$12.50

Was told I could return tomorrow and do it again. I have 2 more days to have at it :chainsaw:
By far the lowest price I think anyone has paid for PE BBC version..$33.21!! I will be going back tomorrow to pick up some $7-10 HD DVD's.. 3 weeks ago I didnt have 1 HD DVD...I now have 33!

I hit the jackpot today for some HD DVD's! Went to my local CC and asked them to PM their website and then add the 50% off..it was a no go.. But I asked them to scan a few to see what the prices were and I got lucky with two:)

Then I went to my local BB, where I have had nothing but luck! Just for the hell of it...just thought I would give it a try.... I brought in my Discovery Store printout showing the Planet Earth for $29.99-$5 discount.. I then asked them if they would price match? They brought out a corporate email and started reading through the rules..that was dated APRIL 3,2008..they let me read it. Anyways, she went to look it up and came back and said.. ok, its $29.99+$3.22 for shipping..we have to charge you shipping. So I got..
Planet Earth 4 disc set (BBC version-1080p) for $33.21!! :rock2: :rock2: :rock2: :rock2:
Just when I didnt think it could get any better, I brought out the CC ad, and showed them the 50% off sale which stated online also.. "We will look them up on their website (CC) and then give you the 50% off!" The only catch was do to their new protocol for PM..I could only PM 3 HD DVD's for today... so I got..
Superman-$10
Superman 2-$10

Was told I could return tomorrow and do it again. I have 2 more days to have at it :chainsaw:
By far the lowest price I think anyone has paid for PE BBC version..$33.21!! I will be going back tomorrow to pick up some $7-10 HD DVD's.. 3 weeks ago I didnt have 1 HD DVD...I now have 33!

[quote name='twanky']nice! lucky that you even found anything at BB.[/quote]
they still have racks full of hd dvd's, been the same huge row since i started looking at this forum site a few weeks ago..feels like i am the only one buying them:applause: and i was told today that they were sending them back in a couple of weeks... i have 2 more days to hit them up to PM CC:D

*yes, decatur/215

Why is BB carrying the BBC version of PE? It's on their website too. I was about to call "bs", but then I saw it.

those were the prices I got on Amazon for Blu-ray during the b1g1 free sale. That was without tax and the hassle of PMing and driving to a Band M. That was 3 months ago. Those were the days. Man, I miss Hd-DVD and their competition, not to mention scanning the news every day to see that HD-DVD was losing badly. If only there were a way to bottle the feeling of having cheap blu-rays while having the competition decimated every day. Now that Hd-DVD is dead it feels soooo empty.

[quote name='bluekeith75']If they only still had laserdisc and beta in stock.[/QUOTE]

If they had some RCA VideoDiscs, I'd be so on it....

[quote name='bluekeith75']If they only still had laserdisc and beta in stock.[/QUOTE]
I'll put it in terms that folks here will understand:

HD DVD is the Sega Dreamcast of movie formats. Get 'em while you can.
:argue:

Lets chase him off this site also (check DVDtalk.com for a reference)....this should be more bragging anyways, although the deals are average at best for a DEAD format.

[quote name='twanky']nice! lucky that you even found anything at BB.[/quote]
they still have racks full of hd dvd's, been the same huge row since i started looking at this forum site a few weeks ago..feels like i am the only one buying them:applause: and i was told today that they were sending them back in a couple of weeks... i have 2 more days to hit them up to PM CC:D

*yes, decatur/215

Why is BB carrying the BBC version of PE? It's on their website too. I was about to call "bs", but then I saw it.

those were the prices I got on Amazon for Blu-ray during the b1g1 free sale. That was without tax and the hassle of PMing and driving to a Band M. That was 3 months ago. Those were the days. Man, I miss Hd-DVD and their competition, not to mention scanning the news every day to see that HD-DVD was losing badly. If only there were a way to bottle the feeling of having cheap blu-rays while having the competition decimated every day. Now that Hd-DVD is dead it feels soooo empty.

If they had some RCA VideoDiscs, I'd be so on it....

I'll put it in terms that folks here will understand:

HD DVD is the Sega Dreamcast of movie formats. Get 'em while you can.
:argue:

Lets chase him off this site also (check DVDtalk.com for a reference)....this should be more bragging anyways, although the deals are average at best for a DEAD format.

[quote name='DanDaMan069']I hit the jackpot today for some HD DVD's! Went to my local CC and asked them to PM their website and then add the 50% off..it was a no go.. But I asked them to scan a few to see what the prices were and I got lucky with two:)

Superman-$10
Superman 2-$10

By far the lowest price I think anyone has paid for PE BBC version..$33.21!! I will be going back tomorrow to pick up some $7-10 HD DVD's.. 3 weeks ago I didnt have 1 HD DVD...I now have 33![/quote]

That's not that great of a deal actually. Aside from Bladerunner. PE is $25 online now alone.

[quote name='doubledown']Lets chase him off this site also (check DVDtalk.com for a reference)....this should be more bragging anyways, although the deals are average at best for a DEAD format.[/quote]Jeez, what is it with some people that they can't resist sneering "DEAD format" whenever anyone isn't dutifully worshiping at the Temple of Blu-ray? :roll:

If someone bought an HD DVD player in the vain hope that their support mattered - it didn't; the studios and retailers made the choices to kill it regardless of what the public wanted - it didn't self-destruct on the day of Sony's victory and if people want to purchase more content for their existing hardware, then what's the big deal to you? It's not costing you anything. Go polish your scratch-proof coating or something. :whistle2:|

[quote name='DirkBelig']Jeez, what is it with some people that they can't resist sneering "DEAD format" whenever anyone isn't dutifully worshiping at the Temple of Blu-ray? :roll:

If someone bought an HD DVD player in the vain hope that their support mattered - it didn't; the studios and retailers made the choices to kill it regardless of what the public wanted - it didn't self-destruct on the day of Sony's victory and if people want to purchase more content for their existing hardware, then what's the big deal to you? It's not costing you anything. Go polish your scratch-proof coating or something. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

No shit. I still buy for both.

I read on Yahoo that the price of Bluray discs have increased since the death of HD DVD....

I guess that's how it is when there is an monopoly on a product

[quote name='strongpimphand']I read on Yahoo that the price of Bluray discs have increased since the death of HD DVD....

I guess that's how it is when there is an monopoly on a product[/quote]
Yeah, and DVDs have been so expensive since the death of VHS. :roll:

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Yeah, and DVDs have been so expensive since the death of VHS. :roll:[/quote]

He never said they wouldn't drop, only that blu-ray has decided to take the opportunity since hdvd's death to rape our wallets. yeah i saw deals on both back in the day, but im gonna guess we wont see to many more deals on decent blu-rays for a while. but that is neither here nor there.

heres to hoping that i can score some deals like the OP

[quote name='strongpimphand']I read on Yahoo that the price of Bluray discs have increased since the death of HD DVD....

I guess that's how it is when there is an monopoly on a product[/quote]

Well yeah, competition drives down prices. It's why I wanted the format war to last another year.

I guess that's how it is when there is an monopoly on a product[/QUOTE] well the new release prices have dropped in price and the catalog prices have dropped in price from their MSRP. it's just that we had b1g1 free before so it was a lot cheaper than it seems now.

[quote name='DanDaMan069']they still have racks full of hd dvd's, been the same huge row since i started looking at this forum site a few weeks ago..feels like i am the only one buying them:applause: and i was told today that they were sending them back in a couple of weeks... i have 2 more days to hit them up to PM CC:D

*yes, decatur/215[/quote]

Tempted to make the drive to try for this. Is this BB by the new-ish Costco at the Aliante side of town? I'm not that familiar with that side of town.

I have been raking up the HD DVD's the last few weeks. Even picked up a HD XA2 player for $300. Not a damn BD or HD DVD player that can touch this thing.

[quote name='DX']I have been raking up the HD DVD's the last few weeks. Even picked up a HD XA2 player for $300. Not a damn BD or HD DVD player that can touch this thing.[/quote]

I'm hoping to get one for around $100.

Cheap bastard I am. That's what we are all here for. :)

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Yeah, and DVDs have been so expensive since the death of VHS. :roll:[/QUOTE]
cassette vs a disc....i wonder which one costs more to produce....

[quote name='Pbear1212']Tempted to make the drive to try for this. Is this BB by the new-ish Costco at the Aliante side of town? I'm not that familiar with that side of town.[/quote]

2 hours ago, the 215/decatur BB took down their HD DVD's...literally as I was walking in to talk to one of the managers:whistle2:# oh well, it was fun while it lasted.. it was still a great day as I went to another CC today and they actually had 150-200 HD DVD's in their 50% off bin... i was really LUCKY enough to get a CR who was willing to help PM...

The ant bully(hd/dvd combo)- $12.50
Feast-$7.50
chuck and larry(hd/dvd combo)-$9.99
the Hulk-$7.50
Bruce Almighty-$7.50
Eternal Sunshine-$7.50
Poisedon-$7.50
March of the penguins-$9.99
Superman II-$9.99
Superman Returns(hd/dvd combo)-$9.99
Happy Feet(hd/dvd combo)-$12.50

think i am done unless there is a huge sale online somewhere.. good luck to everybody trying to get a deal on HD DVD's:)

and for the guy who said "lets ban him".. get a fuck life:D

Good deals on the HDs. All these Blu people cant stand what people are paying for HD. I dont care that HD is dead Sony can suck my balls. They will not get my money. Ill keep HD till the HD Downloads get better :)

It's seriously amazing to me that some people can't stand owning a "dead format", who cares? People heard HD DVD was dead and sold all of their HD DVDs and player for next to nothing because I guess it stopped playing discs after the announcement was made. I hear soon that HD DVD's will be unplayable, never to be watched or enjoyed again, the same way VHS, Laserdisc and Beta did.

[quote name='Cmosfm']It's seriously amazing to me that some people can't stand owning a "dead format", who cares? [/quote]

Yeah..and these are the same people that play old game consoles which don't have games made for them anymore....

[quote name='Malik112099']Yeah..and these are the same people that play old game consoles which don't have games made for them anymore....[/QUOTE]

There is still Atari 2600 games being released from AtariSales.com. A bit pricey but to get stuff that at best will only have a few hundred copies made is certainly worthwhile.

[quote name='Demolition Man']There is still Atari 2600 games being released from AtariSales.com. A bit pricey but to get stuff that at best will only have a few hundred copies made is certainly worthwhile.[/quote]

uh... you know what i'm talking about....:roll:

bread's done
Back