Best HDMI cable to get for my HD Player?

animemaniac14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I am looking on monoprice.com right now and I'm really unsure of what HDMI cable i should get...I want the cheapest one that is also an excellent buy. And yes, i know, HD players are dead...i don't care. It is useful as a DVD player up in my room and Since i recently got a new receiver which not has HDMI input/outputs, i am using all my HDMI cables on that. I have a Toshiba A30 HD Player. Any suggestions on a good HDMI cable to buy from monoprice?

As long as it's an HDMI 1.3 cable, just get the right length you need, they're all the same really. The shorter the length the better though.

I bought 3 of these a couple months ago: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=3661&seq=1&format=2

I wanted to get cables that didn't have any ferrite cores since they tend to be cheaper made, and will always get hung up on stuff while you string them through. The only thing that I don't like about the cables is the "net jacket". Tough as nails, but it makes it hard to bend around tight places. We're talking digital cables here so as long as they're compliant with the latest spec they'll work with your devices, and losing signal quality at distances is less of an issue than it would be on analog cables unless you're doing very long runs (40ft or more).

Yes, that'll be fine.

The lower the AWG number, the higher the gauge of the wires in the cable, so they tend to be higher quality cables. For short runs, the AWG number really doesn't make any difference.

monoprice or bluejeanscable are what I use. The quality of the blue jeans is slightly nicer but the monoprice is slightly cheaper. Both are FAR better value than anything in stores.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so will this one work just fine then? cuz it's not too long of distance from my hd player to my TV (they're directly adjacent to each other)

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024007&p_id=3871&seq=1&format=2[/quote]

hmm... I bought this cable a few weeks back for my LG upscale dvd player. At 720p using this cable 3 minutes into the movie, it will loose the signal for about 2 seconds and then pop back in...sometimes it's 30 minutes into it. However at 1080i it has no problems. it might be the LG player itself.

[quote name='ITDEFX']hmm... I bought this cable a few weeks back for my LG upscale dvd player. At 720p using this cable 3 minutes into the movie, it will loose the signal for about 2 seconds and then pop back in...sometimes it's 30 minutes into it. However at 1080i it has no problems. it might be the LG player itself.[/quote]
I used this same 3ft cable from my HD-A2 to my receiver with no issues. Must be an issue with your player.

[quote name='sendme']I would look here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdmi

I ended up paying about 6 bucks for mine after shipping. The cables were only around 5 cents.[/quote]

Yep, I concur on these (the first link in the list) 100%. We've got three of them around the house (plasma in living room, LCD and PS3 in game room) and they are great. Dont be turned off because they're "cheap". Excellent cables and they work across the board.

I'd have gotten one for my 360, but I scored a Psyclone HDMI 360 cable at Target a few months ago on clearance for less than 10 bucks.

bread's done
Back