Best HDTV Deal on Black Friday?

IXI Dragunz IXI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (96%)
So I'm looking for a HDTV this Black Friday for watching movies/sports and gaming. Mainly gaming of course, and I'm hoping all you TV experts out there can help me out. Basically, which TV deal is the best one? I think the 55 inch LG at Best Buy is a good deal but from what I know Samsung is much better. And after looking at the 40 and 46 inch Samsungs at both Best Buy and Walmart they seem to be different models?

So I'm looking for a HDTV this Black Friday for watching movies/sports and gaming. Mainly gaming of course, and I'm hoping all you TV experts out there can help me out. Basically, which TV deal is the best one? I think the 55 inch LG at Best Buy is a good deal but from what I know Samsung is much better. And after looking at the 40 and 46 inch Samsungs at both Best Buy and Walmart they seem to be different models?
I'm gonna try and get the 50' inch Vizio from Best Buy. It's a smart led 3dtv 1080p and 240hz for $599.99. Best bang for buck I could find.

I also was going to make a thread like this! I'm in need of a new tv and was hoping some cag experts may have some sound advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think of the 60in at Walmart for 688?
That's is a great deal too. Just know that the 50" is the better M series, and the 60" is the E series. I wouldn't be hesitant about either one- depends on what's more important to you.

Best Buy has the best deals I believe. I compiled a list of the best TV deals, but I'm uncertain which to go after.

$500 -- LG 55" LED 1080p 120Hz

$170 -- Insignia 39" LED 1080p 60Hz

$600 -- Vizio 50" LED 1080p 240Hz Smart 3D

$398 -- Samsung 40" LED 1080p 60Hz Smart

$300 -- Sharp 42" LED 1080p 120Hz

$400 -- Sharp 50" LED 1080p 120Hz

It looks like the Vizio is the best bang. For gaming, which would be these best TV?

For my money, the best deal is the $599 for this Vizio 50" at BB:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-series-50-class-49-1-2-diag--led-1080p-240hz-smart-3d-hdtv/8768104.p?id=1218890758669&skuId=8768104

The BF deal: http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/#undefined&filter=&brand=VIZIO&sub_cat=TVs&cat=TV%20%26%20Home%20Theater

I own this set, and it's fantastic. I bought a returned unit for $649, and thought I got a great deal. This is $50 less than that, and for a new unit.

How is it for gaming? Did you play the One or PS4 on it yet?

Has anyone been able to find a 55-60": 1080p LED w/ around 240 HZ refresh rate without the 3D and Smart stuff? I don't have any interest in 3D or apps on my TV... I have a PS4. I'd like to get a bigger screen size instead of spending the money on the extra stuff... but it seems like the only good deal on a 240 HZ is the 50" w/ Smart and 3D.

I wouldn't have any hesitation on the Vizios. They used to be a lower-end brand, but have really stepped-up the quality in recent years. They're not top-end, but you'll get great bang for your buck. I haven't used mine for gaming, but from the feedback I've read, there are no issues. There's an extremely long thread on the M-series here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread

How's the Sharp brand now? I remember it used to be a mid-tier brand. As one of the posters above stated, I don't need apps on my TV and 3D is a gimmick I'm not interested in.

Hey everyone, would anyone have a good suggestion for the best tv in the 40-46 inch range? I'm looking to get one for my bedroom rather than my main playing area, so I don't need one quite that huge.. It's a typical size room, any suggestions for what I should be aiming at?

I was going to buy the 50inch Sharp tv from bestbuy, they had it on sale yesterday with a promo code that brought down the price to BF price of $399, but then I read somewhere that the particular model could just be a relabeled Insignia tv so I didn't buy it.  Now I feel like I should have bought it and tried it out atleast.  Hope someone that got it puts up a review soon.

I heard Amazon is going to have a 32" 720p 60hz seiki for 98 dollars, but...if someone could confirm that would be good.

I just tried to buy the $599 Vizio 50" online best buy and it wouldn't let me.. I get "sorry this item is not available in your area".. lame.

No ship to store / store pickup either.

any suggestions? wanted this

I just tried to buy the $599 Vizio 50" online best buy and it wouldn't let me.. I get "sorry this item is not available in your area".. lame.

No ship to store / store pickup either.

any suggestions? wanted this
Keep refreshing. If all else fails, go to your store tonight/tomorrow. Mine will still let me buy it, but I can't decide if I really want to or not since I already have a 50 inch plasma it's not a huge upgrade for me.

I called support and they said best bet was to go to BB at 6pm... ehh.
I figured. It's a gamble. And it's a good thing I didn't go buy 600 bucks worth of gift cards from giant eagle because I would've been stuck with them. It won't let me order the tv now either.

60hz. No 3D. The vizio is 240 with 3D. Also has more features and the same, if not better reviews.
The hz makes no actual real world noticeable difference at all. Its one of the many numbers tv manfacturers put on the box because most people are dumb enough to assume more means better.

And 3d doesn't matter to most people. Thats why very few blu rays are released with 3d and gaming has all but abandoned it and no one broadcasts in 3d.

Personally I'd rather buy a brand with a better track record and a better warranty and better customer service. But if someone wants to buy inferior products for the same price who am to stop them?

I'm also considering upgrading my current HDTV. I just got a PS4 and am looking for the best HDTV deal for gaming. No interest in smart apps or 3D.

Im in line getting the vizio now... looks like ill be here for awhile.. never been out for bf before.. hope its worth it lol

I'm wanting to get a 50 inch ..plasma..600hz.. Panasonic Viera, Samsung or LG ..I don't like how pixelated or blocky looking the 60-120hz  LED tvs are.. what do you recommend?

I'm also considering upgrading my current HDTV. I just got a PS4 and am looking for the best HDTV deal for gaming. No interest in smart apps or 3D.
The problem is the better models will include smart tv web. If you get one without smart tv you are getting a lower end model, usually with worst screen quality.

The problem is the better models will include smart tv web. If you get one without smart tv you are getting a lower end model, usually with worst screen quality.
Yeah after doing some searching I've noticed that. Oh well I'd rather get a better model and not use the apps. I'm leaning towards this Samsung 50 inch right now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074FGLUM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0RM6W8CHRHY831HM4XZV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083462&pf_rd_i=507846

It will mostly be used for gaming. Anyone recommend it?

LOL at me 3 years ago spening 400 bucks on a Sony 720 32 inch.

It's still my primary TV but the stuff I am seeing now just kills it.

I did hours upon hours of research, finally decided on this: http://www.brandsmartusa.com/Panasonic/166783/55+Class+VIERA+1080P+600Hz+Plasma+Smart+HDTV+With+Wi+Fi.htm

600 bucks for that size and that model of Plasma... just amazing deal if you ask me. I called all over GA to see if anyone had one, no one did... but the site randomly got one in stock the other day so I bought it.

EDIT: Looks like they have some in stock now! If you want one I highly suggest you grab it!
I picked up the 50 inch model for $599 @ sears.com and did in-store pickup.

It won't show you the price till checkout.

So far I am very satisfied with it.

http://www.sears.com/panasonic-50inch-class-smart-viera-reg-s60-series-1080p/p-05771531000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

You'll have to know you're ok with plasma though.

So what do you guys think of that 50" Element? I don't care much about 3D or apps, as I have two 360s, an Xbone, and a PS3 I can use those apps on. My Target apparently now has some in stock.

So what do you guys think of that 50" Element? I don't care much about 3D or apps, as I have two 360s, an Xbone, and a PS3 I can use those apps on. My Target apparently now has some in stock.
3 Days now and loving it. Have played Wii U, 360 , XB1 and Blu Ray / HD Content and all look great!

Im really satisfied with the 50 in vizio 3d/240hz I picked for 600 at best buy.

Played dead rising 3, few hrs of battlefield 4 on xone and watched watchman bluray.. totally blown away.. major upgrade from my 5 yr old 34 in 720p toshiba.. about to watch my first 3d bluray.. habe to use ps3 though ssince xone doesnt support 3d yet..

bread's done
Back