Best Headphones to buy right now?

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Hey if you saw my other thread I talked about how I had over $100 in Best buy certificates and gift cards. I decided to buy maybe some headphones and I was just wondering which ones are the best to buy right now. I thouhght about getting the BOSE QuietComfort 15 which retail for $300 but the price will probably come down to $175 after the gift cards. Do you guys think this is too much for headphones? What do you all recommend?

As an athlete, I'm a fan of the Beats by Dre. I know that's very typical to see nowadays, but I've seen Best Buy marking them down. They definitely feature powerful bass, but it all depends on what kind of listening experience you desire.

Headphones for music or game?
looking at bestbuy.com

I would get

Senn HD650,
AKG 701 - bass light, airy, huge and detail sound stage and positioning, great for FPS. you hear the details and they are not obscured by noise. However, it is hard to drive so probably out of the question.
no Bose,
no Beats

if you're looking at Bose QC15's price range, I would recommend Bowers and Wilkins P5
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bowers+...ones/2250042.p?id=1218316054084&skuId=2250042
One of the few headphone at bestbuy/apple store that is actually decent.

and I don't think you are spending too much for headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the love of good sound, stay as far away as you can from Bose and Beats.

At $300, you have a decent amount of options, but I'd go with Shure SE425 in-ears or Shure SRH840 cans because they tend to be smoother and cause less fatigue. Wasabi's recommendations are also good...I just happen to really like Shure's house sound and they're known for their silky smooth presentation as opposed to neutral or extremely analytic sound.

duh, didn't realize bestbuy.com have Shure headphones....
I kind of sort buy price and stop at the first decent one, which is very wrong of me...

Looking through some of the headphones available, I would also like to add Audio-Technica M50...

I am a AT fanboy tho... Just blew some serious money on one of their headphone a few days ago.

[quote name='dohdough']For the love of good sound, stay as far away as you can from Bose and Beats.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this. I spent $100 (twice) for a pair of Bose headphones at Best Buy and both pairs burned out within 4 months. Before they completely died, for about 2 weeks the sound gradually dimmed in one side, and then both sides died out completely.

I recommend a cheaper pair of Skullcandy Titans for about $40 at BB (prob cheaper online). I have a blue pair and a red pair (the red pair has a mesh outside for the wires and doesn't feel cheap (these are my favorite headphones at the moment), blue pair has standard plastic material - i'm not sure why they changed the material based on color). I've been using these headphones for 8 months now, and the sound is as strong as ever (red set). They are really comfortable too.

bread's done
Back