Best import JPN PS2 games?

Jangofatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay, I'm finally able to play JPN PS2 games with much ease because I was able to purchase an import PS2 from a local game dealer for $40. I only have 2 JPN PS2 games (REZ & Panzer Dragoon) and I'm wanting to search for some unique games that I don;t or can;t already get on my US PS2. Any suggestions for really great fun JPN PS2 games? What's everyone's best/favorite PS2 games?

BTW: I can read some Hiragana/Katakana but my kanji skills are about on par with a kindergardener so text heavy games are out of the questions. (I suck)

Firepro Wrestling Returns - The best wrestling game ever made.

King of Colosseum II - The second best wrestling game ever made, 3d rather than 2d, incredible gameplay.

Dodonpachi DOJ - An incredible shmup, most manic one I've ever encountered.

Mushihimesama - Another awesome shooter, rather than flying in spaceships or jets you're mounted on a golden beetle, laying waste to other insects.

Strikers 1945 I and II - Compilation disc with both classic WWII era shmups on it. Pretty much arcade perfect from what I can tell although it's been a while since I lived near that Strikers II machine in San Diego.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. There are also about a million great fighting game compilations that have allowed me to ditch some older, inferior ports.

What he said.

Fire Pro Returns is my all time favorite PS2 game. And KOC II aint far behind.

[quote name='Halo05']Firepro Wrestling Returns - The best wrestling game ever made.

King of Colosseum II - The second best wrestling game ever made, 3d rather than 2d, incredible gameplay.

Dodonpachi DOJ - An incredible shmup, most manic one I've ever encountered.

Mushihimesama - Another awesome shooter, rather than flying in spaceships or jets you're mounted on a golden beetle, laying waste to other insects.

Strikers 1945 I and II - Compilation disc with both classic WWII era shmups on it. Pretty much arcade perfect from what I can tell although it's been a while since I lived near that Strikers II machine in San Diego.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. There are also about a million great fighting game compilations that have allowed me to ditch some older, inferior ports.[/quote]

I like the offbeat games. Yoshinoya and Curry House COCO are pretty fun restaurant games but only if you can get them for cheap.

If you're into RPG's then:

Summon Night 4 (Turn-Based Strategy akin to FF Tactics)
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Destiny II
Ys (The PS2 remakes)

Here are some RPG remakes that are worth it if you haven't played the US version:

Final Fantasy X International
Final Fantasy XII International
Kingdom Hearts 2 ~Final Mix~

Unfortunetly my mind is drawing a blank right now for others that haven't already been mentioned or are in this import thread by Chacrana here but it hasn't been updated in a while with new games.

You can never go wrong with PS2 fighters. The language barrier isn't too much of a problem to play them either.

Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Fatal Fury: Mark of Wolves
Samurai Spirits
Last Blade Collection

Also, I got to check out this Fire Pro Wrestling game. I have the one for GBA and it was awesome. Damn, I hope someone brings that game over here because it doesn't need a license.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0505/game050530c.shtml

Um, nevermind about importing Firepro Returns. It's getting a US release at the end of this year or the beginning of 2008. Grab that version and you won't be like me and wind up memorizing all the Translation FAQs. Unless you want to memorize the translation FAQs...

[quote name='depascal22']
My faves:
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
KOF XI
Samurai Spirits: Tenka
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum[/QUOTE]

Yep, import fighters rock :imwithst:

bread's done
Back