Best Laptop deals under $550

avfootballfreek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know I know before people say it, I know there really isn't a lot of good ones below $550 lol. But I figured I would ask the community that would know if there are a couple.

I don't need a GREAT one, just one that I can use and be current for a couple years. Only thing im really looking for specifically is 4GB of ram and a i3 or i5 processor. Not really gonna be gaming, with the only game I would probably play being Halo 2 Vista.

I found these 2 but I don't know how good they are for the price(Not a good computer spec person)

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6671847&CatId=4938

http://www.buy.com/prod/acer-aspire...-i5-450m-2-40ghz-4gb/q/loc/101/218907518.html

Both of them have an integrated graphics card, which severely limits what gaming you will be able to do on it. I don't know the specs for Halo 2 Vista, though.

[quote name='Altanis']Both of them have an integrated graphics card, which severely limits what gaming you will be able to do on it. I don't know the specs for Halo 2 Vista, though.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2 requires a low end video card and while the integrated cards in the ones mentioned might do the trick, it's always good to get something better than what is just required. You might want to play or do something else that requires more power in the future.

Thats not even the half of it though because those don't seem like good deals....

I wouldn't go with either of those for gaming (or other) because they both seem overpriced for the buck. You can get more computer for less as time goes on. Most of the computers these days offer multiple core processors along with multiple gigs of ram so try to find something on sale that offers much of both.

Most importantly, know that Circuit City (AKA Tiger Direct) hasn't had any decent deals on laptops since the early 2000s.... Your best deals with be at places like Best Buy (hardly), Office Depot (sometimes) and Walmart (frequently).

Both of those laptops have decent specs, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

As for laptop deals, he's more likely to find a good deal on a laptop for what he's looking for at somewhere like Circuit City or Best Buy than Walmart. Walmart pretty much only carries low-end or crappily built stuff, whereas other retailers don't.

[quote name='simpleblur']Toshiba Satellite A665D-S6075 $537 @ Amazon but the price fluctuates ymmv
[/QUOTE]
That has an integrated card.

If you are looking to game on a laptop, an integrated card is worthless.

bread's done
Back