Best MS Duo Brand?

sprintsucks5892

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I've been looking for a 4 GB MS Duo for my PSP, and am wondering what's the best brand to get.
1) Best brand (I've heard that Sandisk are the fastest, but is it really noticibly faster?)
2) Should I buy new or used (If it's a good price, like $50 shipped, from a reliable seller.)
3) Best price?

scandisk is not only faster, but it offers a 5 year warranty. I would just keep an eye on outpost.com as they sell it for $50ish after rebate from time to time.

Both of my SanDisk cards (512mb and 1gb) are acting sort of gimpy. On 2 different computers, with 2 different card readers (Sandisk and Belkin), they routinely 'disappear' mid-transfer (Sometimes corrupting data on the card). I had to eject the cards and sometimes unplug the card reader to wake things back up.

My 2GB Sony is ever-so-slightly slower than the Sandisk cards but has never given me an ounce of trouble. Only having to transfer stuff 1 time instead of 3-4 times (with chkdsks and such in the middle) saves more time in the long run.

never really noticed the difference in speed between sandisk and sony ...but i did have problems w/ sandisk also... it works on my psp...but files seems to disappear when its on my ps3 or my camera (sony dsc-s85)...... any body know if lexars are good or at least better than sandisk?

Lexar is absolute garbage. I have plenty of Sandisk (1G, 2G, 4G), and they trounce the Sony cards in terms of speed everytime. I also have 2G, and 4G Sony cards, but I use them sparingly.

[quote name='dallow']I'd go with the Sony hi-speed cards for worry free use.[/quote]

Of course you'd also be paying anywhere from $15-30.00 extra for absolutely nothing, when the Sandisk cards provide the same level of speed.

Almost went for the Sandisk 2GB Ultra II MS Pro Duo at $40, but couldn't find data to back up that it would be exponentially better in the PSP vs. the regular blue or gaming versions.

Wouldn't get any used flash memory if it can be avoided. Never know how many cycles it's been through.

[quote name='dragonjud']Of course you'd also be paying anywhere from $15-30.00 extra for absolutely nothing, when the Sandisk cards provide the same level of speed.[/quote]

I know, that's why I said "Worry Free".
I have, and some others on here have said as well, that Sandisk cards act wonky from time to time, and I've lost data.

Never a problem for years with Sony hi-speed.

bread's done
Back