Best MST3K collection?

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Requesting some help from MST3K fans, my old man's birthday is in a few days and I was going to get him a collection of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Anyhow, there are a lot of them on Amazon and was wondering which were the best? I've already got the Best Of (Manos and something else...) so one of the collections is probably what I'd like to buy.

Here's a list, from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?u...stery+science+theater+3000+collection&x=0&y=0

Thanks in advance.

Also, @ Staggy, while those are grand and all, they're far more cost per episode and I don't think my dad would appreciate a Crow bust or a Tome Servo action figure.

Vols 2 and 5 are very good, bear in mind 5 is all Mike eps.

Maybe Vol 2 would be a nice mix, with the shorts and stuff.

Vol 4 would be great if it wasn't for Hamlet which I hate.

TBH you won't really go wrong any of them.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I've already got the Best Of (Manos and something else...)

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
If you are referring to The Essentials and just referred "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" as "something else," I believe I have the legal right to murder you. Best episode ever.

It's usually not easy to recommend one collection over the others, unless the full collection stinks. Most of the collections I've seen have one good one, one decent one, and one or two stinkers. That said, Vol 4 is worthwhile. Space Mutiny = gold and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank ain't too shabby either.

I got XIV, XV and the 20th Anniversary sets from woot for 50 bucks total a few weeks back. The 20th anniversary one contains four films - the First Spaceship on Venus episode was dull as hell, but Laserblast and Future War (from 1997!) are worth a watch and Werewolf is one of the funniest episodes ever, so you could do worse than this set.

Haven't gotten around to XIV or XV yet.

Volume 5 has been my favorite thanks to Time Chasers and Boggy Creek 2 with volume 4 following shortly behind thanks to Girl in Gold Boots and Space Mutiny.

I'm still waiting for Squirm and Final Justice to be released.

Outside of Essentials, volume 2 would be my favorite. Also check out the Film Crew, Rifftrax (You can actually get a 10 pack of their episodes on DVD cheap on DDD last I checked) and Cinematic Titanic for more MST3K goodness.

bread's done
Back