Best Music in an RPG.

Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and FFIII FTW!

I also nominate Suikoden III as having some of the WORST music amongst RPG`s. I seriously turned of the sound and listend to my CD player as I tried in vain to play the game.

Here, with help from a fellow CAGer I found some tracks from Arc the Lad - sweeping score... to say the least. The opening track is pretty awesome too. Give it a listen.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/325 ( the second one that says "Finale", don't worry no spoilers)

Parts of it (flutes) remind me of the Karate Kid movie.. listen... see if you hear it.

[quote name='JEKKI']it all about chrono trigger!

dit duh-duh-duh deeee. duh dit-duh-deeee
dee dee dee dee duh dee dee duh dit-duh-dee

and then there's

dee-dee-dee duh dee duh deet-dittalee duh dee dee
dee-dee-dee duh dee duh deet-dittalee duh deeee dee
dee-dee-dee duh dee duh deet-dittalee duh dee dee dee dee
dut dut! dut dut! dut duh dut duh! dut dut! dut dut! dut duh dut duh![/QUOTE]

Was the second one the main theme?

No idea what the fuck that first one was. Maybe notes would help.

Tales Of Phantasia has the best music.

If not then

FFV

Secret Mana III

Chrono Trigger

Phantasy Star series

also the Golden Sun series has nome nice music.

Recently I have been playing Alundra and the music is really sweet so far.

Star Ocean has some nice scores

Personally the best music over all games in Sonic CD and Ecco the Dolphin.

[quote name='LostRoad']Hmm, besides alot that has been listed I would have to say some of the best I have heard in a few years in the title screen music for FF X2, sadly it was the only good part of the game.[/quote]"Memory of Light and Wave"... yeah, that's a great piece. Disagree with you about it being the only good part of the game, though ;P

As for my favorite RPG OST, it's currently FF5, closely followed by FFT. FF7, Chrono Trigger, and Skies of Arcadia are up there as well.

An aside... fave boss theme of all time: "Dancing Mad" from FF6 (runner-up: "Maybe I'm A Lion" from FF8). Also, my current favorite game soundtracks (any genre) are Sonic 3D: Flickies Island and Sonic Rush.

[quote name='willardhaven']Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy VII

Mario RPG

Chrono Trigger[/quote]

All of these, cept Mario RPG (can't quite remember the music so not sure)

My vote goes towards FF6, CT & Dragon Quest 8; they are excellent. Golden Sun, FF Tactics series & the Y's series' scores are pretty solid. Oh yeah, any Fire Emblem game's score kicks ass as well.

My favorite video game song is called 'Song Shuffle' (you can find it in midi format online varios places) from FFIII. It is played in Zozo, the town where you can get the chainsaw.

Zo-ZO is a really crazy town
It's full of liars
And cheats
And a guy who's fallin' down!

Do-DO do do do do do do do
Do do do do do
Do do
Do do do do do do

I'm not a huge fan of Chrono Cross' gameplay (Trigger was much better) but it has my favorite music. I just love the overworld theme.

Damn, the more I listen to the OSTs for Digital Devil Saga 1&2 the more I like them. Haven't played the games yet, but I'm really looking forward to it now.

[quote name='Chacrana']Was the second one the main theme?

No idea what the fuck that first one was. Maybe notes would help.[/QUOTE]nah yo, the main theme goes

duh-duh-duh-duh duh duuh duuuh
d-d-duh-duh dat dat duh-duh-duh
duh-d-duuuh.. duuh.. duh-duh-duh deet deet duh-duh-duh
duh-d-duh duh duh duh duh-d-duh.... duh-d-duh

[quote name='JEKKI']nah yo, the main theme goes

duh-d-duuuh.. duuh.. duh-duh-duh deet deet duh-duh-duh
duh-d-duh duh duh duh duh-d-duh.... duh-d-duh[/quote]I can totally see that one, but what bout your other post?

I like the bell solo in the title screen of legend of heroes: tear of vermillion

by the way, anyone know where it can be downloaded? can't find it on any p2p networks... maybe I'm not looking right...

[quote name='Quackzilla']I like the bell solo in the title screen of legend of heroes: tear of vermillion

by the way, anyone know where it can be downloaded? can't find it on any p2p networks... maybe I'm not looking right...[/quote]

Hm you just reminded me.. honorable mention for some of the town themes/title music in SWORD of vermillion (genesis).. any relation between those two, btw?

bread's done
Back