Best N64 sports games?

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!
Hey, I just got an N64. Besides getting the chance to play a couple of classic gems (i.e. LoZ: Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye, etc.) I am getting the system to be my party machine. In other words, the system I carry around with me when I go to social get togethers so we can have some fun. The reason I'm doing this is because the system and it's games are very durable, it has 4 controller ports standard, and the library is tailored for that anyway (i.e. Smash Brothers, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 64, etc.).

In addition to the usual party game suspects for the N64, I'd like to get some sports games as they are always good party games. So I'd like to get at least one game in each major sport (i.e. baskeball, baseball, football, soccer, hockey) and maybe some other titles in the less popular sports (boxing, golf, olympics) if there are any good titles. Any recomendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, Blitz on N64 was a WHOLE lot of fun.

Mario Golf and Tennis are also very good, though a little expensive.

The 2 WCW games from THQ or whoever it was, were/are simply fantastic. SO much fun, especially in the first one where after you pummel your opponent for a while, you get this special, sickeningly sweet wet thud sound ("THOKKKH") when you make them bleed.

My friends and I used to go BATSHIT for that special sound, I can't explain it. It was just money. WCW World Tour, I think it was.

The second one, WCW/NWO Revenge, was about as fun with a lot more variety.

I still remember the greatest match ever played in the history of wrestling games, where my friend was Goldberg and I was Kevin Nash, the match went on for LITERALLY AN HOUR AND A 45 MINUTES. I'm not even kidding about the duration. And it wasn't us just standing around, either. We were out to kill each other.

We kept breaking out of each other's pins, we had both beaten the living hell out of each other and done our special moves multiple times on each other including doing out opponent's special move, I freaking had him, but in the end he finally was able to pin me.

Oh man, such good times...

The THQ/AKI wrestling games, WCW vs. NWO World Tour, WCW vs. NWO Revenge, WWF No Mercy, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 are simply some of the best, most enjoyable videogames to play with friends ever. Amazing games.

[quote name='Gatoradeisgood']mario tennis is a gc game... i ave it. the op specifically asked for the n64.[/quote]

Mario tennis was first on the N64......

Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball (Also the Slugfest sequel) is a classic. My friend and I still play this game, it is one of the best baseball games around. You can do a multiplayer season mode too, which is something rare to find these days.

Also any THQ wrestling game. WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemanio 2000 or WWF No Mercy are the three best.

People may disagree, but I've always loved the Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey games. I think there's only two, but they're pretty much the same.

Still play it every few weeks. Ridiculous hockey, but a hell of a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back