Best Nippon Ichi RPG?

Disgaea. I haven't played PB yet which is sad considering since I have it sealed sitting on my desk. I got it in the TRU sale in october....

I picked up Disgaea. I felt it was kinda overrated. It was good but not as good as people say it was.
I havent played the other RPGs from Nippon Ichi but if Disgaea was the best then i guess get Disgaea.

La Pucelle has a better story, but the gameplay feels archaic.
Disgaea is my favorite, I spent almost 100 hours in that game and I feel like I'm gonna pick it up again and make more trips through the item world when I finish my current selection of games.
I'm only halfway through Phantom Brave, so far it's not as good as Disaea IMO, having to worry about how many turns you have your characters in battle doesn't do it for me.

Definitely recommend Disgaea.

Disgaea can be a huge time sink if that's what you're looking for and also had the best battle system IMO. I spent a good 150 hours on the game before I accidentely deleted my save, after that i'm just afraid for another commitment. Don't let anybody tell you Rhapsody was a bad game either, it's good but not exactly worth the crazy amount it goes for.

I just got started on La Pucelle, haven't played Disgaea or Phantom Brave yet, but La Pucelle is really quite awesome. The way people talk about it relative to Disgaea makes it sound poor, but honestly, I don't know if I've been this captivated by a strategy RPG since Final Fantasy Tactics. Awesome characters, artwork, story, voiceovers--it's the full package. Definitely worth the money.

bread's done
Back