Best noise canceling headphones?

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Okay, heres the deal:

I live in NYC. It gets noisy. Would I benefit from getting noise canceling headphones (looking at these: LINK) OR would normal noise isolating EARphones be better? For instance: LINK

Opinions? General comments?

Yeah, sorry, that's the general price range I'm looking at. Also wondering what is the better solution? Noise canceling headphones or just noise isolating earbuds? I'd like to not hear the hustle and bustle so much...

Might want to consider some closed-ear studio monitor headphones. They are designed to block sound in and out, mainly to prevent music from bleeding into a vocal mic.
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO are really good at blocking outside noise(cans fit very snugly over ears), "up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound". And they sound great.

Also for a little less, Sony MDR-V6

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lorne']Might want to consider some closed-ear studio monitor headphones. They are designed to block sound in and out, mainly to prevent music from bleeding into a vocal mic.
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO are really good at blocking outside noise(cans fit very snugly over ears), "up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound". And they sound great.

Also for a little less, Sony MDR-V6[/QUOTE]

Yes i was bout to say this
although In-Ear Monitors would actually seal and block the taxi horns, the NYC trains and probably those people getting mugged a block away from you.

I have the UE Triple.Fi 10 and they are a god send. I live on Newark and they would seal traffic noise effectively as i committed to my college.
They should be 100 dollars on Black Friday on Amazon.

As an upgrade for the MDR-V6, i would suggest ATH-M50.
They are a balanced set of closed cans that i love :D
They were 100 dollars last year around October.
Looks like the e-tailers raised the price.

I have the Sennheiser 280 Pro, and while it does cancel out noise very well, it's a kinda lacking in the bass department.

bread's done
Back