Best Non-Mario Game?

H.Cornerstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey, I am thinking about getting a DS, and was just wondering what are the best non-Mario Games? I am just trying to keep my options open, and am pretty sure I want to get puzzle quest, but don't know what else. Is Pokemon much different than the previous versions in that if I played REd/Blue a ton that it would be worth it?

My top 20 DS games(in no particular order):

1. Ouendan
2. Elite Beat Agents
3. Ouendan 2
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
5. Phoenix Wright Ace Attoreny: Justice for All
6. Meteos
7. New Super Mario Bros.
8. Mario Kart DS
9. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
10.Hotel Dusk: Room 215
11. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
12. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
13. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
14. WarioWare Touched
15. Yoshi's Island 2
16. Kirby Canvas Curse
17. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
18. Animal Crossing Wild World
19. Brain Age
20. Final Fantasy 3

IMO they are all must haves for any DS owner.
I haven't played Puzzle Quest yet, so I don't know how that is. There are a bunch of other really good/solid titles not on that list as well.

If I had to pick a favorite, I think the entire Ouendan(Ouendan 1 & 2 + EBA) series would win though.

For Pokemon, the basic gameplay has not changed. But it's still really good, and being able to play/trade online really takes the game to the next level.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']My top 20 DS games(in no particular order):

1. Ouendan
2. Elite Beat Agents
3. Ouendan 2
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
5. Phoenix Wright Ace Attoreny: Justice for All
6. Meteos
7. New Super Mario Bros.
8. Mario Kart DS
9. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
10.Hotel Dusk: Room 215
11. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
12. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
13. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
14. WarioWare Touched
15. Yoshi's Island 2
16. Kirby Canvas Curse
17. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
18. Animal Crossing Wild World
19. Brain Age
20. Final Fantasy 3

IMO they are all must haves for any DS owner.
I haven't played Puzzle Quest yet, so I don't know how that is. There are a bunch of other really good/solid titles not on that list as well.

If I had to pick a favorite, I think the entire Ouendan(Ouendan 1 & 2 + EBA) series would win though.

For Pokemon, the basic gameplay has not changed. But it's still really good, and being able to play/trade online really takes the game to the next level.[/quote]

Thanks for the help, Yeah, I know I am geting Puzzle Quest just because I Tried the PC demo and loved it, and I am thinking about pokemon just becuase those games last a very long time, and I loved Red/Blue. Is Ouendan a Japenese series?

And do you know if Lunar Knights is good?

Ouendan is the Japanese EBA. I've only played EBA, so I don't really know how they compare. I think EBA is a fun game, but the music selection makes me less willing to recommend it.

I would definitely recommend Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Phoenix Wright, as I have played them the most (along with NSMB). I was also pleasantly surprised by Metroid Prime Pinball...

Some great non-Mario games for the DS include:

Clubhouse Games
Brain Age
New York Times Crosswords
Elite Beat Agents
Mario Kart DS (if by non-Mario you mean the traditional side-scroller)

Also, SimCity DS will be released on June 19th.

I've sunk WAY too much time into PuzzleQuest lately.

I haven't come across Mario yet so I think it qualifies :lol: .

EDIT - Sorry just saw you mentioned PuzzleQuest in your post - my bad.

YEah, I just ended up getting Pokemon: Pearl and Puzzlequest. Thanks for all your help and I will definetly keep this post in consideration for the future.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']Advance Wars DS. Love that turn based strategy.[/quote]

if you like the AW series, it will keep you busy for at LEAST 50 hours.

which reminds me, i still need to complete that campaign

I'd have to agree with pygmy to get ouendan. It's easy to comprehend (you don't have to know any Japanese to play), but it becomes difficult at times.
I wouldn't advise getting EBA or even Ouendan 2 because of the (mostly) bad
choice in music.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is also a good one if you're into reading.

If you don't have it, get Animal Crossing. That's a game that you still play for hours after having it for months.

bread's done
Back