Best Online Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Polls are now open for Best Online Customer Service of 2004.

Nominees:

Amazon.com
EBgames.com
GameFly.com
NewEgg.com

My personal best was Overstock.com.

I bought SMB3 on GBA in October for about $11. They sent me the strat guide, not the game. After speaking with customer service, I was told that I could return it (at their cost) for a full refund, which was fine with me.

But before I ever even got the return label, they sent me a copy of the game. At this point I assumed that, provided I returned the guide, they would just keep my $11 as payment for the game, which was fine by me. Then, about a week later, they refunded my money.

Theoretically, I got the game for free, not considering the hassle of returning the guide and staying in contact with their service dept.

Newegg.com

Even though they're not a big game retailer, they have the best service on the net. I bought incompadible RAM and a case I really didnt like when I got it, and they took both back already opened. I love them.

I'd pick newegg too. I don't really care for overstock's CS. I have contacted them a few times regarding a technical issue on their website and it has yet to be resolved.

I had an issue with an Amazon order that they helped resolve quickless and painlessly...It was a nice CS experience, but I dunno how common that is for them though.

Also I say Overstock is some of the worst CS, I've ordered from them 3 times over the years and two of the orders were crewed up there upon leaving me to trudge through their CS torture for weeks and one of them they refused to reolve. But to each person has his/her own experience I suppose.

HP! My iPAQ had a dead pixel. I called them on a Sunday night and they shipped me a return box (got it Tuesday and shipped it out Wednesday). They got it on Friday (due to DHL not getting it to them overnight like they were supposed too) replaced the screen and shipped it out the same day. I had it back to me by Saturday. I thought this was PDQ! Plus they sent me emails with status updates throughout the whole process.

Definitely EBgames.com, no matter how many defective games I got through the site, they would always send me a return envelope after mentioning it wouldn't work.

EAgames, they messed up one of my codes somehow, or maybe someone used it, anyway I wrote they responded and within 24 hours I had a new code.

Since Overstock.com is here, then it's not limited to game-focused sites. I'd nominate DeepDiscountDVD, then, since I thought their customer service to be first rate. They shipped out a replacement order for me when I called to ask for the status of my movies. When the original order arrived shortly thereafter, they agreed to send me a postage-paid label so I could ship the replacement movies back to them. Nice!

I'd nominate gamefly.com. They e-mail you when everything's ready, they e-mail you when it was shipped, and heck, they e-mail you to let you know the post office is closed on a certain day. That my friends, is good service.

I'd definately have to say Gamefly. I haven't used their rental service, but I've bought games from there, and a few times I'd get non-working games, and their CS was top-notch, very friendly and helpful, got my problems resolved quickly. I would've gone with EB Games, but the last time I had to deal with their CS, they were total dicks, so they can rot in hell with Best Buy CS.

I had to go with EBgames.com mainly because they are the only ones I've had to deal with. They were really fast and really nice to me too.

EBgames. I had to call about getting a gift voucher one time after waiting a really long time and they just emailed it to me right then and there. Used the $20 voucher for used copies of SOCOM and FF X-2, and paid about $2 of my own as well.

You kiddin me? It took me like 8 times with Amazon.com to get a HUMAN to reply to me, instead of just a program looking for keywords.

NewEgg, I sent them a nice e-mail for their excellent service while I was building my new computer, and get this... They sent me a free package full of NewEgg stuff! Free cap, free PC sticker, free business card holder, etc. etc. I love those guys.

One time my package was delayed, I called the people at amazon, they were very friendly and assured me my package would arrive shortly, it came the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back