Best Online Deal 2010

EA STORE 50% off Sale and free shipping

i got
Dantes Inferno ps3
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate ps3
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition ps3

for just $15 w/ coupons + Free 2nd day shipping

without the coupon it still cost $54.94 for all 3, still a cheap price.

so many good ones how to choose? i honestly think that gameflys monthly deals with free shipping were pretty much great all year long

The Recycle Bank coupon that stacked on the whole order yielding $20 games for around $3.50 a piece. Also worked on preorders, making them I believe..$40. I don't remember the exact coupon though...anyone? Was in early April

Items Ordered
Minimize
Qty Item Price
1 The Lord of the Rings: Conquest™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 SKATE 2 (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Brütal Legend™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 The Orange Box (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Need for Speed™ ProStreet (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 ARMY OF TWO™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Battlefield: Bad Company™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Dead Space™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
Subtotal $44.55
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount $0.00
Tax $1.72
Total $26.27

Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 deal. Got Ys Seven PSP, Persona 3 Portable, and LittleBIGPlanet Portable.

For me it's GS B2G1 sale. I was able to ship home since I was visiting and not pay tax. Got 6 games, all complete. Saved me $20 or so.

(I would have gone with Steam holiday sale but only spent $5 on 3 games)

Has everyone already forgotten about the $.01 Ubisoft price mistake that they still honored on downloadable pc games (Splinter Cell Conviction, HAWX, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, etc.)? We'll never see that price on these games again!

Amazon's Black Friday deals were huge for me. I think I ordered like $900 worth of stuff within 5 days either way of Black Friday.

Another one, and this one is a big one for me, was GameStop's fuck up of their Father's Day sale. You were supposed to get 50% off an item $39.99 or more, but as long as you put $39.99 worth of stuff in your cart, the most expensive item was discounted. NSMB Wii for $17.50 + tax was AWESOME. Plus, you got a $10 coupon to use.

One of the GoHastings sales, where a coupon granted $5 off your order, effectively making a large number of $4.98 games a $0.02 profit, leaving only s&h. Grabbed about 8 games before the coupon stopped working for me.

Also, Target's B2G1 sale on Kinect games, then stacking a 15% off code, effectively making each game about $25. Not bad for launch week.

The Steam Christmas sale is utterly irresistible each year and the best game sale I know of. Curse them!! I still have games I bought 2 Christmases ago that I haven't played yet but couldn't resist buying!

GoHastings Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 sale is what I built my console collection with, however. Those were some nice prices, despite their shipping fees.

It's really the EA Flash deals vs. Amazon Black Friday. I'll take the Black Friday deals, since the games were a little bit newer then and you could trade them in for a better value (even make money in most cases)

[quote name='sadunk']For me it's GS B2G1 sale. I was able to ship home since I was visiting and not pay tax. Got 6 games, all complete. Saved me $20 or so.

(I would have gone with Steam holiday sale but only spent $5 on 3 games)[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the fact that you only had to spend $5 on 3 games makes the Steam sale that much more amazing?

The Xbox Live Holiday Sale did it for me. I think I bought something every day, except the one where it was just a single Dance Central song. Had to refill Microsoft points 3 times during that ten days.

For "Best Online Deal of the Year", I'm going with Amazon's Black Friday Video Game Lightning/Gold Box Deals. Every new release game was discounted during that time period like Fallout: New Vegas, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Fable 3, Halo: Reach to say a few titles.

Runner-ups would be EA's Flash Deals which have been going on as of late. Also, sharing the spot with EA is Gamestop.com's Power Hour deals. Gamestop.com should really bring this back.

[quote name='kburns10']I know a lot of people got screwed out of this deal, but for me, the Gamestop Power Hour deal for Red Dead that single handedly crashed their systems was the best deal for me all year! That game is just now reaching around that price normally, so it was definitely worth being fastest on that sale.[/QUOTE]

QFT The Game stop Red Dead Power Deal was awesome especially since I got a copy. ;)

bread's done
Back