Best Online Deal/Sale 2007

[quote name='MuzykMann']I'm gonna second Fry's Xbox360 bundle deal. That is, their "Premium console with Marvel/Forza, Bioshock, Two Worlds, and Orange Box for $400" deal. I know it didn't last long, but it was a steal.[/quote]

now where was i hibernating while this was going on?

--Buy Bioshock for $50, Get the Darkness for free

--B2G1 Free TRU wii games

--$60 halo 3 legendary

--didnt tru had a one tuesday sale of buy guitar hero get the 2nd half off or something? didnt jump on this deal so i cant remember...

--mario galaxy tru $50 w/ $25 gift card

This happened way back in March 07 so I don't know if it's been too long, but late one night, someone posted some absurd Amazon deals. These games were all full price $39.99-$59.99, went on sale, and then some ... questionable promo codes worked... two of em. This is what I picked up.

1 of: Ninety-Nine Nights $29.99
1 of: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent Limited Edition (Includes Golden Key Promo) $39.99

Item(s) Subtotal: $69.98
Promotion Applied: -$20.99
Promotional Certificate: -$20.99
---------------------------------------------
Total for this Shipment: $28.00

1 of: Trauma Center: Under the Knife $29.82

Item(s) Subtotal: $29.82
Promotion Applied: -$8.94
Promotional Certificate: -$8.30
-----------------------------
Total for this Shipment: $12.58

1 of: Harvest Moon DS $27.99
1 of: Major League Baseball 2K6 $19.82
1 of: Super Monkey Ball Adventure $19.99
1 of: Ultimate Ghost 'N Goblins $29.82
1 of: Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis $29.99
1 of: Rayman Raving Rabbids $29.82

Item(s) Subtotal: $157.43
Promotion Applied: -$35.29
Promotional Certificate: -$48.53
-----------------------------------------
Total for this Shipment: $73.61

It was such a good deal that it showed up on FW and SD immediately. I went over and modded the threads down, then totally threadcrapped so that CAGs could get a shot at it before they killed it. I ended up with a warning from both places for it.

I traded every single one of em to CAG's.

www.gogamer.com 1 day sale - World in Conflict $19.99 Day after Black Friday I think? . . . I caught the deal here at CAG by chance, learned to check back often after that

Steam's $10 off first time use of "Click and Buy" (a Paypal like service) I got Earth 2160 and Geometry Wars for like $4.00. Steam also had big markdowns around New Years

That FYE 360 deal, damn . . . . missed that!

[quote name='dank']the best deal BY FAR was dell.com 25 dollars off[/quote]

Naw.

I voted for DOTD though the true winner in my heart was the $25 dvd sets at Walmart deal. Star Trek Enterprise Complete Series FTW.

I actually voted for myself here. I dont know if that is okay or not but my reasoning is this. Amazon deals of the day are very good and some of the other specials were very good also. The thing is I think it is very important when considering this catorgory is to evaluate the date of the deal. My halo 3 legendary edition was $79.99 on street date compared to $129.99 retail. Yes Amazon eventually sold it for $60 ,but that was a few months after release. Nobody came close to $79.99 on street date. The same thing goes for Halo 3 and Mass Effect and Bioshock all for $39.99 on street date. Yes some of the other specials mentioned here were very nice, but they werent street date specials, to me they are almost over stock specials so i dont think they compare.

Tony

Wow, there's a Fry's right down the road and I missed that deal? I bought a new 360 that day even. But if I know frys, those Premiums were most likely open box returns. Shady.

Frys.com deal, all of that for 400 dollars?, I despise Microsoft but even I would consider buying a 360 at that price if it came with so many good games.

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

bread's done
Back