Best Online Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Polls now open for Best Online Retailer of 2004.
This award goes to the best overall video game retailer with the best cheap video game deals.

Nominees:

Amazon.com
EBgames.com
GameFly.com
GameStop.com
Outpost.com

EBGames.com gets my vote. Even though they don't test their used games they are more than happy to send you another (and in my case a third) just to get the order right.

Ebgames.com for me. Clean site design, frequent sales, always helpful over the phone and tend to send me extra rebate coupons for no reason.

$30 Ninja Gaiden shipped with with wall scroll day after launch? Yes please.

If Gamefly counts though, I'll take them for their complete and utter changing of my life.

I'll third Gamefly.com

BTW if someone else has nominated something, but it isn't in the big list at the top of the post, is it ok to second it? Or is it if least 1 person mentions it it's automatically nominated?

Eh... gotta nominate Amazon here, they've been pretty solid for me, I like those giant plastic bag things protecting my games. EAgames (even though many people despise them now) really doesn't have a bad deal going with those $15 coupons, and they ship fast, and their boxes contain a great deal of bubble wrap in them as well.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'll third Gamefly.com

BTW if someone else has nominated something, but it isn't in the big list at the top of the post, is it ok to second it?[/quote]

Yup.

I'll agree with the horse here.
Amazon has done a great job getting my stuff to me quickly and in great shape.
I know not many will agree with me here but I thought CC was pretty good before they put a limit on free shipping.

ebgames.com gets my vote again b/c i use them the most and their customer service (online) is willing to do a lot to make the customer happy. i wouldn't vote for gamefly just b/c they made you had to ship games back to them out of your own pocket if the game was defective, or if they shipped the wrong item (according to one CAG'ers experience :lol: ).

EBGames is the best online retailer in my eyes due to the constant deals, great site layout, and very good customer service.

Another site would be www.circuitcity.com for sure. I've ordered several things off of them, but the things that I remember the most are the $25- Wavebird, $50- 12 month XBL kit, and $32- 3 month XBL kit with free Ranibow Six 3 (when it was still retailing for $40). Great site and store. :)

EB. They always treat a CAG right with their constant coupon codes, two especially catered to us. Their free w/used games or $2 shipping is faster than most free/low cost shipping options. Outpost still hasn't shipped my Minish Cap. I won't be ordering from them again.

I'm not sure that it's valid because they sell games, but not that many people buy them there, but I think Newegg.com is probably the best online retailer I've ever dealt with for PC and computer stuff.

LOL So many people are voting even though this is for nominations as it says in the first post.

www.gamefly.com belongs on that nomination list. I'd also put in the often overlooked amazon.com. They had some great buy 1, get 1 free deals on GH, PC, and PH titles early in the year.

I love gamefly now but normally I'd choose gamestop, the games I get from there are normally in much better condition than those I get from ebgames.

Its funny. I never bought any games online with the exception of Metal Arms from Bestbuy and that was $5.

I really cant vote in this catagorie

Amazon.com/TRU came through with some decent deals over the year, including B2G1 free and some that involved free shipping.

My vote for EB Games all the way. They have great deals regularly, incredibly cheap value shipping, and allow internet purchases to be returned at B&M locations. Don't see how any other online retailer can compete.

ebgames.com

It's funny, I usually can't stand their stores, but their online site usually has several amazingly good deals a year.

I'll vote for Gamestop.com, by a tiny margin over EBGames.com.

Free shipping with the possible hassle of sending it back through the mail weighs out $1.99 cheapest shipping with the ability to return in-store at B&M.

ebgames.com

I've spent more money on that site the past year than any other, and have never run into a problem with them.

I know it is too late for nominations, but I would definitely say that buy.com is the best online videogame retailer.

EBgames.com is ok, but I just hate shopping there because EBgames B&M is just about the worst B&M retailer in existence.

EBgames.com

Easily deserves it too--their customer service has never let me down, they have frequent good/great deals on their website, still offer free shipping (kinda), and guarentee their used games to be complete...

EB Games. Generally seem to have better coups/deals more often than the rest. Outpost can do pretty good sometimes too, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back