Best "Party" Game for PS2?

flipper

CAG Veteran
is there any "party"-ish games for PS2? i know that nothing can touch the massive quantity/quality of the party games that GC has, but is there anything like it? I know most will say sports games are the best bet, but i was wondering if theres anything as fun/addicting for a group of friends to play like Smash Brothers or something. I'm talkin bout a game that a group of friends can pick up n just start playing in rounds n such. i guess somewhat of an FPS, but not much like an FPS cuz i hate trying to aim on a console with the controller.

my Twisted Metal Black i got on ebay for $5+3 s/h should be in this week. I remember TM for PS1 when I had it and it was pretty good.

I already have Madden 04, so that should get rid of that suggestion quickly :)

How bout SSX3? Is it worth paying the $35+s/h for it instead of just getting Tricky for round $15?

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS FROM THE GUY RETURNING TO CONSOLES AFTER BOUT 5 YEARS!! (Was on PC for a few years until for the past year i noticed all that was coming out was garbage and simply quantity over quality).....oh and also a cheap ass gaming college student :)

TimeSplitters 2 is GREAT for all consoles except Gamecube. If you had an Xbox, I'd recommend Fuzion Frenzy.

Eye Toy isn't that great. I got it at Christmas thinking it was going to be SO fun and that me and my friends would play it alot. Well, it wasn't, and I've used it not even 10 times if even 7.

I have one and I use it all the time! Oh well, each to their own.

Soul Calibur 2, Red Faction and Socom 2 (With LAN). Those may not be "party" games per se, but when you get a group of friends together. . . a party begins. . . and a few fights.

[quote name='I Am A Bad Man']Can you say...

Nba Street Vol. 2 ?[/quote] im thinkin of gettin it since its only $20 now. my roommate loves it.

im still goin to SSX 3 though because i love snowboarding/skating games...i dont want any Tony Hawks because Ive played all them on PC n im sick of them.

eye toy seems too "ddr"-like...those dancing/music/interactive games arent the ones i want...im talkin bout fun ones that even if i dont have anyone over i can just play n have fun with without looking stupid by jumping around in front of a camera

[quote name='XboxMaster']TimeSplitters 2 is GREAT for all consoles except Gamecube. If you had an Xbox, I'd recommend Fuzion Frenzy.[/quote]

Why is it not great for the cube? I was gonna pick it up for a good deal thinking it was like the other versions and i wouldn't need a multi-tap to play (i have ps2 and cube).

Well, I don't know, I just can't imagine playing a shooter on the Cube. So, sorry, I've never really PLAYED it on the Cube, I just assume and have heard it is bad on the Cube.

EyeToy. Great party game. Adult beverages automatically enhance the fun factor. Unfortunately, you need some pretty good lighting to play EyeToy, so it may clash with 'party mood light' atmosphere.

DDR just takes up too much room whereas EyeToy can be played with 2 people simultaneously in a smaller footprint.

Another good one is Point Blank 3, or any in the series. If you like target shooting/ carnival type games, then a pair of Guncon 1 pistols and Point Blank is a good time.

10 BEST PARTY GAMES (not just ps2):

10. Tetris! (NES)
9. Red Faction (ps2)(just for making cool Tunnels in the walls!)
8. Freekstyle (ps2)
7. Nightfire (ps2) or
6. NHL Hitz 2003 (ps2)
5. THUG (ps2)
4. Soul Caliber 2 (ps2)
3. Super Smash Bros. (N64)
2. Goldeneye (N64 CLASSIC!)
1. PERFECT FREAKING DARK! (N64 BETTER CLASSIC!)

I know this isn't exactly just ps2, but all of these games are great for playing with friends!

These are good PS1/PS2 party games

Crash Team Racing (havne't played Crash Nitro Cart but I assume its just as fun with extras and better graphics)
Any bomberman Game
Any Tetris Game
Wrestling games are fun depending on what you like
World Fighters.. or something. Its only in Japan so you have to import and have a modded PS2. Haven't played it but looks like Smash Bros with PS2 characters.
Micro Machines

That's all I can think of right now.

[quote name='XboxMaster']Well, I don't know, I just can't imagine playing a shooter on the Cube. So, sorry, I've never really PLAYED it on the Cube, I just assume and have heard it is bad on the Cube.[/quote]

idiot

Best Party Games Ever:
1. POY POY (PS)
2. Madden (4-8 Player is best)
3. Bust-A-Move (Bubble Game)
4. DDR (2 Mats)
5. EYETOY
6. KARAOKE REVOLUTION
7. TIGER WOODS 2004
8. Crash Kart Racing (PS)
9. Grand Theft Auto (Entertaining even while watching)
10. Winning Eleven 7 or FIFA 2004
11. FREQUENCY/AMPLITUDE

Honorable Mentions (Other Systems)
SUPER BOMBERMAN (SNES....BEST....EVER)
HALO (Xbox)
GODZILLA DESTROY ALL MONSTERS
MARIO KART (SNES still my fave)

[quote name='XboxMaster']Well, I don't know, I just can't imagine playing a shooter on the Cube. So, sorry, I've never really PLAYED it on the Cube, I just assume and have heard it is bad on the Cube.[/quote]

uh... so u've never played it on the cube... are you one of those cube bashers, or xbox fanboys rebel without a cause.

bread's done
Back