Best Place for New Releases? (HD and Blu Ray)

metallicoholic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just wondering how everyone gets their new release Blu Ray and HD DVDs. I've been going through FYE.com (cheapest price with the rebate) but I'm becoming impatient with the shipping (no 30 Days of Night yet?) and the rebates are taking forever. Plus, I can't find the $10 gift cards anywhere on their rebates web page, which is the only thing making this a really good deal.

So I was just curious as to the cheapest and fastest way to get new releases. I know it depends on the price of the new release, but just in general, what is the cheapest and fastest way to go?

if you don't mind waiting for rebates, FYE.com is good on a majority of new titles on their release dates

about $17-$18 each shipped ($14 - $ 15 if you get the merchandise card, add another 10% if you have the membership card)

budget shipping is random though, sometimes i'll get a movie the friday before, other times a week after

the saturday after its released seems to be the most consistent time

I like Wal-Mart, myself, for HD releases.

They don't have them all the day they come out, but they are now generally getting a good 50% (at least) and their prices are the cheapest around, even beating online many a time.

I second wally world. I got 30 days of night the day it came out for 24.xx plus tax and it was the regular price. I noticed my wally did away with the endcap that they had with both formats and have given the blu rays a random shelf in the dvd aisle all to itself so hopefully they will start carrying more titles soon.

Personally I always check the newspapers first. (thank you again speedy) Do my price checks there and then contemplate exactly what I am doing. The F.Y.E. deals generally do work the best from what I see on these boards. But since I am impatient I usually price match what I want at Best Buy for the Reward Zone Credit.

bread's done
Back