Best Place For Office Chairs?

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Pretty self explanatory. I'm looking for a good chair for my desk, as my current one is not giving me the comfort I desire. Doesn't help that one of the arm rests broke, and calling the repair center from Office Depot yields no response.

Obviously I would want to try the chair before purchasing it, so no Amazon mentions or anything, unless I can try it out in a store first and buy it online later.

i'd honestly say craigslist, offices are constantly giving stuff away so they don't have to pay for rubbish removal services. otherwise try a.i. freidman, or even staples if you want to try one out...it would also help to say where you're located so ppl locally can recommend B&Ms to you.

I got a nice 1 from Staples during last years Black Friday sale. It, originally, was $129.xx but was on sale for $49.xx PLUS $10 mail in rebate. So, $39.xx if I count this $10 Visa gift card or MasterCard(whatever, it's in my purse, lol).

I think it's called Sydney. Comes in black or brown leather and is comfortable. It swivels, I can lean back in it, and it has a high back, as well.

Maybe you can catch a deal on it.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']OMG! It's on sale, AGAIN! I think they are offering a good price for it. It's called Sidley and the have a warranty for $4 or something.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Sidley-Luxura-Executive-High-Back-Chair-Black/product-nr_923274

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Sidley-Luxura-Executive-High-Back-Chair-Brown/product-nr_923275[/QUOTE]

HOLY CRAP. I came here to put in my two cents about Office Max having decent chairs, but pricey ones, and now I'm getting a nice leather chair for $60 w/free shipping. Awesome find, CLB!

ps. Didn't see any warranty offers though. Even when I searched I only saw one for $20 that didn't seem relevant.

[quote name='Sanges99']HOLY CRAP. I came here to put in my two cents about Office Max having decent chairs, but pricey ones, and now I'm getting a nice leather chair for $60 w/free shipping. Awesome find, CLB!

ps. Didn't see any warranty offers though. Even when I searched I only saw one for $20 that didn't seem relevant.[/QUOTE]

I know, right!:D

I made my purchase in store. You should call them about the warranty. I got it for really cheap and it's a few years warranty. Didn't notice the free shipping, wow!

Off-topic slightly, but did you have any trouble getting the hydraulic to pop? I can't seem to get mine to raise up. Granted, I only tried for like five minutes and maybe I'm missing something, but the obvious [& unlocked] handle is doing nothing for me. :\

UPDATE: Should've waited to post, had to REALLY crank on the handle to get that initial lift but now works like a dream. 5mins to get it into the house + 10 mins putting it together + an hour of trying to get hydraulics "figured out" = still way more than worth the pricetag.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sanges99']Off-topic slightly, but did you have any trouble getting the hydraulic to pop? I can't seem to get mine to raise up. Granted, I only tried for like five minutes and maybe I'm missing something, but the obvious [& unlocked] handle is doing nothing for me. :\

UPDATE: Should've waited to post, had to REALLY crank on the handle to get that initial lift but now works like a dream. 5mins to get it into the house + 10 mins putting it together + an hour of trying to get hydraulics "figured out" = still way more than worth the pricetag.[/QUOTE]

Glad you like it!:) I forgot it goes up and down. I keep it at 1 level.

The good news is that my chair was covered in Office Depot's warranty, and after several weeks they finally sent me a gift card that was the original value of the chair ($92).

The bad news is that I'm restricted to Office Depot when searching for a new chair. Any recommendations or sales?

bread's done
Back