Best place to buy a laptop online?

gregthomas77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I think I am pretty much down to either Dell or HP. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I go ahead and make a purchase?

I am looking to buy a desktop replacement with something like:

15-17" screen
2.5ghz core 2 duo
vista 64 bit
4 gigs ram
at least 250gb HD (7200rpm)
at least nvidea 8400, preferably 8600 (or comparable ATI chipset)

Whoever you buy from, keep an eye out for coupons- there's always something out there, especially for Dell and HP. I just used a $500 off $1400 coupon to get myself an HP tx2000 (or something of that nature- it's the tablet one), and Dell always has something running- $xxx off $xxxx or more or 30% off or stuff like that. Bottom line- look for coupons first.

A good site to see if deals are available is bensbargains.net. Its a site that is similar to Slick Deals, but the hoarder mentality isn't there.

I found a good deal to get a Vostro 1000 for around $485. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles your looking for, but it was a good price for what I need.

Definitely go to the Dell. Over the years I have had much better experience with customer service at Dell and always get a good product. You should check slickdeals forums because there is always some coupon that could knock the price down and maybe a deal on some other brand.

go to w w w . e d e a l i n f o . c o m / d e l l

they compile the best deals weekly with all the current coupons

they also do HP and Lenovo

Depending on how much you want to spend www.xoticpc.com Does custom laptops, their customer service is excellent also.

I've bought a couple things from them in the past.

Just a suggestion

Anyone here have any experience with Asus laptops? I have an EEEpc but thats a totally different animal. I was looking at some of the ASUS laptops at Newegg, and they seems to be a good deal, but I wonder if the quality is going to be the same as a dell or hp.

bread's done
Back