Best place to grab a cheap bass?

Aganar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've been feeling like picking up a bass guitar as of late. Tried a few pawn shops, but unfortunately most of the ones which carried instruments actually seemed to know what they were doing when it came to pricing--wasn't much of a difference between a pawn bass and something cheap I could find new somewhere.

Same with ebay.

Other ideas?

S4020.jpg

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Ditto on the bass guitar search. Thanks for the info but looking for possibly cheaper?[/QUOTE]

If you want cheaper than $85, you're going to have to go to a yard sale or find a pawn shop that doesn't know anything. Anything less than that in a store is going to be a toy.

I will say though, learning to play a musical instrument does require some kind of monetary commitment. Obviously, you don't want to invest a great deal of money when you're first starting out, but many people believe there's a correlation between the quality of the instrument and the inspiration/motivation it brings you (ie. playing well on a crappy instrument still sounds like crap). In my opinion, $100 should be a minimum starting point. If that's too much right now, just save up, and use the time to research what you really want.

Probably a pay lake since they don't usually require you to have a fishing license. Other than that a local farm pond or anywhere as long as you don't get caught by fish and games officers...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If you want cheaper than $85, you're going to have to go to a yard sale or find a pawn shop that doesn't know anything. Anything less than that in a store is going to be a toy.

I will say though, learning to play a musical instrument does require some kind of monetary commitment. Obviously, you don't want to invest a great deal of money when you're first starting out, but many people believe there's a correlation between the quality of the instrument and the inspiration/motivation it brings you (ie. playing well on a crappy instrument still sounds like crap). In my opinion, $100 should be a minimum starting point. If that's too much right now, just save up, and use the time to research what you really want.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...yeah I'll probably save up for later then. Thanks ^_^

I know everyone will say First Act makes "toy" guitars, but they actually make higher-end instruments (I own a Lola CE140 that I got for $100, that is easily worth 3 times as much: )

First Act Black Bass

I can't vouch for that particular bass, but at least you can compare it to the Music123 model. They also have a few other bass guitars for around $100. Shipping should be under $10.

bread's done
Back