Best Place to Import Prince of Persia HD Trilogy for PS3?

ordering through hmv site and total including shipping in 29 pounds that comes out to $45.it`ll be same as in us but its disc based not DL.i`ll update how it goes later on

[quote name='pythoncancer']ordering through hmv site and total including shipping in 29 pounds that comes out to $45.it`ll be same as in us but its disc based not DL.i`ll update how it goes later on[/QUOTE]

Mine came Tuesday.

You should have gone through dvd.uk.co

Costs £22.56, which is closer to $35.

Someone said that AmazonUK just didn't ship to US for pre-orders? Has anyone checked there again since release?

This was on my radar although after Black Friday I have a huge backlog of PS3 stuff, so maybe I should wait. But it's nice to know about DVD and HMV sites, and that orders are arriving and trophies working and all of that. Good stuff.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Someone said that AmazonUK just didn't ship to US for pre-orders? Has anyone checked there again since release?[/QUOTE]

No, they don't ship video game products to the US, regardless of if it's a pre-order or not.

nothing yet, and mine shipped the 8th..

i'm starting to worry cause i needed it for a xmas gift. has anyone else received theirs yet from dvd.co.uk? thanks

might order this. it will play on US systems? how do the games look in hd? still good?
too bad its uk only was hoping it would come stateside.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']mine was processed and mailed out on 12/3 and i still havent seen it...how long do packages from dvd.uk.co take to get?[/QUOTE]

Well let's see

Mine shipped out 11/29. I got it 12/14, so a couple days over two weeks.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Well let's see

Mine shipped out 11/29. I got it 12/14, so a couple days over two weeks.[/QUOTE]

yeah i saw that, mine shipped 12/3 and its 12/20 and still no dice...i know they will offer a replacement after 21 days, which will be friday

i just want to play it already!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']yeah i saw that, mine shipped 12/3 and its 12/20 and still no dice...i know they will offer a replacement after 21 days, which will be friday

i just want to play it already![/QUOTE]

LOL I understand. I'm waiting for a package from Canada since 11/29. Mail seems to be going quite slow right now.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']It isn't there anymore. I'm guessing it is on backorder so they took it off the site. Just keep checking.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, it is there but strangely if you search for Prince of Persia it only comes up with the remake one that came out a few years ago, but if you go to ps3/adventure games it's on the first page

Here's the link in case anyone is curious

http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catpoptrhdps3/prince-of-persia-trilogy-in-hd-ps3.htm

Shows in stock too :)

As an alternative, I picked up a copy from Ebay seller shopto_outlet. About $34 shipped. Not bad. Seems to have a good rep. I got a shipping confirmation within 48 hours. Haven't received it yet though.

[quote name='ddp72984']nothing yet, and mine shipped the 8th..

i'm starting to worry cause i needed it for a xmas gift. has anyone else received theirs yet from dvd.co.uk? thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Well let's see

Mine shipped out 11/29. I got it 12/14, so a couple days over two weeks.[/QUOTE]
Ok, that eases my mind a bit. I ordered mine on 12/03 I think and it shipped 12/08 but I have yet to receive it. Hopefully it arrives in the next few days. I'm not in any hurry I just don't want it to get get lost.

I'm waiting on an item I ordered from Amazon.co.uk that dispatched (shipped) on 12/02/10 and it hasn't arrived yet. Apparently, that whole area is in the middle of bad weather off an on for a while and it's delaying shipments.

[quote name='gr8gazo']As an alternative, I picked up a copy from Ebay seller shopto_outlet. About $34 shipped. Not bad. Seems to have a good rep. I got a shipping confirmation within 48 hours. Haven't received it yet though.[/QUOTE]

Here's the direct link:

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/SALE/PS3PR14-Prince of Persia Trilogy HD 3D.html

Right now, it's available for 15.85 BP. I can't remember what shipping will be to NA, but I don't think it's too bad. I've just finished the registration process (requires credit/debit card verification), so I'm going to put my order in and update with the shipping cost.

UPDATE: It's on sale right now @ Shopto.net, so get it now while the gettin's good. I paid 15.85+2.50 Int'l Royal Air Mail, so 18.35 BPS or $29.11 USD according to the PayPal conversion rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eLefAdEr']Here's the direct link:

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/SALE/PS3PR14-Prince of Persia Trilogy HD 3D.html

Right now, it's available for 15.85 BP. I can't remember what shipping will be to NA, but I don't think it's too bad. I've just finished the registration process (requires credit/debit card verification), so I'm going to put my order in and update with the shipping cost.

UPDATE: It's on sale right now @ Shopto.net, so get it now while the gettin's good. I paid 15.85+2.50 Int'l Royal Air Mail, so 18.35 BPS or $29.11 USD according to the PayPal conversion rate.[/QUOTE]

In for one at that price. $29 is a damn good deal for an international exclusive.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ordered from dvd.co.uk and it is "In Dispatch" and my card has been charged. I assume that means it's been shipped and I should receive it in the next week or 2.

[quote name='dmdragon']Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ordered from dvd.co.uk and it is "In Dispatch" and my card has been charged. I assume that means it's been shipped and I should receive it in the next week or 2.[/QUOTE]

ive been waiting since 12/3 for delivery...i wouldnt count on it getting to you in 2 weeks

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, mine shipped from dvd.co.uk on 12/08 and I still haven'y received it.:cry:[/QUOTE]

That sucks... I feel bad for everyone who ordered through them, because the order I made through Shopto.net just arrived today.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']That sucks... I feel bad for everyone who ordered through them, because the order I made through Shopto.net just arrived today.[/QUOTE]

I got mine form dvd.co.uk in about two weeks. Maybe they ended up on backorder.

Has everyoens order actually showed as shipped?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I got mine form dvd.co.uk in about two weeks. Maybe they ended up on backorder.

Has everyoens order actually showed as shipped?[/QUOTE]

i ordered mine on 12/1, and it was processed and shipped on 12/3...i received the confirmation email and everything

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i ordered mine on 12/1, and it was processed and shipped on 12/3...i received the confirmation email and everything[/QUOTE]
Did you receive your copy?

Does anyone know if there is a surcharge for using a US credit card?(I.e. will visa charge you more money for buying something from dvd.co.uk?)

[quote name='Chris249942']Does anyone know if there is a surcharge for using a US credit card?(I.e. will visa charge you more money for buying something from dvd.co.uk?)[/QUOTE]
I used a MasterCard and was charged some kind of weird fee. It was a little less than $2.
[quote name='breakingcustoms']nope, still waiting[/QUOTE]
Ok.

I decided to send them an e-mail. Three weeks is a bit absurd.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, mine shipped from dvd.co.uk on 12/08 and I still haven'y received it.:cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I decided to send them an e-mail. Three weeks is a bit absurd.[/QUOTE]

Keep us updated with your results please. I'm in the exact same situation as you.

[quote name='TC']Keep us updated with your results please. I'm in the exact same situation as you.[/QUOTE]
Will do.

According to their policy it says that if you don't receive your item in 14 days that they will issue a refund or ship you another one and THEY will go after Royal Air Mail for compensation. Of course I would imagine that is only with shipments inside the UK.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I used a MasterCard and was charged some kind of weird fee. It was a little less than $2.
[/QUOTE]

Was this fee you mention a separate transaction? If so, I think it's a verification charge from the host site, which is standard for orders that will be shipping overseas. I used my CC at Shopto.net and was charged $1.04 so they could verify it, then the charge was reversed the next business day.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I used a MasterCard and was charged some kind of weird fee. It was a little less than $2.

Ok.

I decided to send them an e-mail. Three weeks is a bit absurd.[/QUOTE]

i sent them one a week ago, they said they couldn't help me until 25 business days have passed...so i'm stuck waiting until the second week of january before i can submit a claim

Hi,

We can not class your order as lost until 25 working days have expired. When this time span has ended and you still do not have your order please Email us and we will be glad to help.

Kind regards,
Jason B
Customer Services

This is the e-mail I received from them last night...

Hi

I'm very sorry that your order has not arrived yet.

Your order was dispatched by Royal Mail Airmail, TNT Post, or the most appropriate carrier for your area on 08/12/2010 from our warehouse. We advise that it normally takes 4 - 6 post working days for a delivery to arrive and most items do arrive well within this time frame, however, it can sometimes take longer.

Unfortunately we do not have an option that allows the tracking of deliveries once they are in the postal system so we cannot provide a tracking number to trace the parcel en-route. In the worst case, we can not consider a parcel lost until 25 post working days have passed, however, this does not happen very often and it is still very likely that this shipment will arrive within the 25 post working days. Please note that post working days are counted as Monday through to Saturday and exclude bank holidays.

If you have not received your order within 25 post working days from the dispatch date, please email us at [email protected] and we will arrange for a replacement to be delivered. Please include in your statement: your order reference number, date of dispatch, the delivery address and confirmation that it is correct. You must also state that the order has not been received. We will use this email as evidence for an investigation and claim that we will make with the postal service, as well as confirmation of a lost parcel.

Please accept our apologies for this delay in your order. We find that the postal service is usually very reliable in their delivery of parcels. Some parcels do still go missing and we understand how frustrating this is. We will make sure that we arrange any replacement as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,
Vicky
Customer Services Team

*Note*: Due to the large volume of e-mail we receive, PLEASE include previous e-mail messages when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker responses.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']This is the e-mail I received from them last night...

Hi

I'm very sorry that your order has not arrived yet.

Your order was dispatched by Royal Mail Airmail, TNT Post, or the most appropriate carrier for your area on 08/12/2010 from our warehouse. We advise that it normally takes 4 - 6 post working days for a delivery to arrive and most items do arrive well within this time frame, however, it can sometimes take longer.

Unfortunately we do not have an option that allows the tracking of deliveries once they are in the postal system so we cannot provide a tracking number to trace the parcel en-route. In the worst case, we can not consider a parcel lost until 25 post working days have passed, however, this does not happen very often and it is still very likely that this shipment will arrive within the 25 post working days. Please note that post working days are counted as Monday through to Saturday and exclude bank holidays.

If you have not received your order within 25 post working days from the dispatch date, please email us at [email protected] and we will arrange for a replacement to be delivered. Please include in your statement: your order reference number, date of dispatch, the delivery address and confirmation that it is correct. You must also state that the order has not been received. We will use this email as evidence for an investigation and claim that we will make with the postal service, as well as confirmation of a lost parcel.

Please accept our apologies for this delay in your order. We find that the postal service is usually very reliable in their delivery of parcels. Some parcels do still go missing and we understand how frustrating this is. We will make sure that we arrange any replacement as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,
Vicky
Customer Services Team

*Note*: Due to the large volume of e-mail we receive, PLEASE include previous e-mail messages when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker responses.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that, i was under the impression that 25 days was monday to friday...not including saturday. since this is the case, 25 days for me is TODAY.

so, i sent another email...let's see what happens.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']well everyone, it took precisely one month to get here, but my game came in today...

12/3 to 1/3

i'm just happy it finally showed up[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the info. Hopefully the rest of us who ordered from them around the same time will start getting deliveries.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']well everyone, it took precisely one month to get here, but my game came in today...

12/3 to 1/3

What a coincidence, mine arrived today as well.

a bit off topic but....a friend of mine in scotland sent me (pennsylvania) a package around the middle of last month that i still havent received. i thought maybe it was lost since it normally doesnt take this long to get something from him, but seeing that all of your games took forever, maybe my package will eventually arrive

Well I'm glad to hear you guys got it. Can't believe shipping took that long. Wonder if there is some sort of Customs issues. (I've had major issuse getting a package from Canada lately..still not here)

12/3 to 1/3

[quote name='ravens52bears54']What a coincidence, mine arrived today as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine arrived this morning as well. Ordered/Shipped 12/8 Delivered 1/4. I guess it's just the mail running slow. Not a big deal. Just glad it wasn't lost.

I got mine yesterday (1/3) too! :D

Here's hoping the other 2 games I ordered from DVD.co.UK (Jam With the Band for DS and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty for PS3) will show up soon too.

[quote name='Gameboy415'] Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty for PS3) will show up soon too.[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay for that?

I ordered mine from hmv.com on 12-24-2010 and got it 1-5-2011 so it was pretty quick despite the delays and holidays. Paid like $30.00 USD shipped for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
find a local importer, i picked this up for $50 local. videogamesnewyork.com

i general use playasia as they are cheaper than amazon.co.jp but sometime they take forever and charge $14 shipping on larger special editions.

[quote name='TC']How much did you pay for that?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it came out to $16.79 shipped.

Still waiting for it (and Jam With The Band) to show up though...

bread's done
Back