Best place to pre-order Black-Ops ?

There isn't really a "best" place, atm. Gamestop's free flightsuit avatar bonus expires at the end of September, so... I dunno what they'll do. Probably don't even have to do anything since they have so many preorders.

Amazon and Gamestop both had $20 preorder credits, but removed them. People are hoping Amazon at least will add them again.

Gamestop offers free overnight shipping (if you'd want it), with code SHIP928 - Probably have to ask customer service to get it added, since it doesn't work for me. Also, additional 25% credit for trade-ins toward preordering Black Ops.

Amazon has a free laser cell wallpaper thing, not even sure what that is.

Best Buy offers 500 RZ points, currently.

Crap, when did Amazon remove the $20 credit? I was waiting til after I got my credit from Other M to preorder but completely forgot about it and just went to pre-order it now and noticed it wasn't there anymore. If I were to pre-order the game with the $20 credit I have and end up canceling it, do I still get to keep the $20 credit? I'm pretty sure the $20 promotion will be back closer to the game's release but just in case it's not I would like to know.

[quote name='samusaran226']Crap, when did Amazon remove the $20 credit? I was waiting til after I got my credit from Other M to preorder but completely forgot about it and just went to pre-order it now and noticed it wasn't there anymore. If I were to pre-order the game with the $20 credit I have and end up canceling it, do I still get to keep the $20 credit? I'm pretty sure the $20 promotion will be back closer to the game's release but just in case it's not I would like to know.[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon removed it like 3-5 weeks ago, shortly after Walmart removed theirs. Those that preordered when the $20 promo was active will still get it from Amazon.

Yes, if you cancel a preorder that you put your credit to, you should have it again assuming it hasn't expired. From my own experience, Amazon's game credits each have their own expiration ranging anywhere from 2-6 months, so remember to check your email to see exactly when they expire.

I highly doubt Amazon/Walmart will offer the $20 credit again...If you want it cheaper, I suggest waiting til Black Friday, I'm sure they'll be some sales for it.

That sucks that amazon closed their $20 gc offer... I preordered when they dropped the 360 version to $50 and were also offering the GC, unfortunately it was an error on their part and by the time I realized they just cancelled my order outright the $20 GC offer was gone.

I'm thinking TRU will probably have a $20 GC for this, until then though I'm gonna keep watching amazon and the other places and see if they offer it again.

bread's done
Back