Best Place to Rent a 360 Console

wdwpsu

CAGiversary!
Who has the best return policy on 360 consoles? The past 4 months, I've had the xbox in the shop more than at home, and there are a boatload of shrink wrapped games staring me in the face. I know it's not incredibly ethical. But, I am considering "renting" a system.

[quote name='wdwpsu']Who has the best return policy on 360 consoles? The past 4 months, I've had the xbox in the shop more than at home, and there are a boatload of shrink wrapped games staring me in the face. I know it's not incredibly ethical. But, I am considering "renting" a system.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to give you shit for it, but I'd imagine you might wanna consider editing this thread to "Please delete" status because alot of people are going to give you hell for doing something like that.

As much as I hate to say it... you might want to look at somewhere like a Rent-A-Center or Aaron's. They'll charge you up the butt and get a lot of references for you, but you'll have a 360 you can return any time you want.

I'd say if ya do it anyplace, do it to walmart... if your going to be unethical, might as well do it to the big store . just check a stores return policy (most are 30 days or less, some places are 14 days on electronics)

[quote name='Drnick']I'd say if ya do it anyplace, do it to walmart... if your going to be unethical, might as well do it to the big store . just check a stores return policy (most are 30 days or less, some places are 14 days on electronics)[/quote]

This is highly illegal (fraud), but if you do this, don't do it at best buy because they are supposed to check the serial number.

[quote name='Danil ACE']This is highly illegal (fraud), but if you do this, don't do it at best buy because they are supposed to check the serial number.[/quote]

I don't think he intends to swap it out for his old console, just use it for a while and return it after the return period is over.

Best Buy has an extended return policy right now which ends Jan 31, 2008 so that would work okay. Just don't open any of the software inside.

[quote name='amgkid']I don't think he intends to swap it out for his old console, just use it for a while and return it after the return period is over.

Best Buy has an extended return policy right now which ends Jan 31, 2008 so that would work okay. Just don't open any of the software inside.[/QUOTE]

Open Console = No return

i hope they dont take it back wherever you buy it from. do what the one person said and just go to rent-a-center if you need it that bad. think of it this way, if you are able to return it, what do you think they are going to do? they are going to resell the "new" system to someone else. would you want a used system for the price of a new one?

Well, I've decided against it. I was a bit peeved at Microsoft after my 'fixed' console arrived DOA, and they weren't doing anything to compensate me (including expedited shipping). When I explained that there are a lot of games out there that I have and want to play, the guy from Microsoft recommended this tactic. He said Walmart works best. I thought about it, felt it was unethical, and went back to the endless vacuum of video game playtime, Orange Box PC.

My console also died recently, and it's still under warranty, but I went out and bought a new one. I'll sell the refurb when I get it back.

bread's done
Back