Best place to trade game.

khloudstrife

CAGiversary!
I have 40-50 PS2 games that need to be traded. Ebay or Craigslist is not an option sadly. I want to trade these in return for cash, and not credit. There's Gamestop or Gamecrazy, and maybe Gamerush. IIRC trading games at Gamerush/Blockbuster required the game to be in the original case right? [Last time I went there that's what they told me] 5 of these games are junk titles while the rest are solid-B or triple-A titles [Okami, Resident Evil 4, blah, blah, blah.] Those are all the closest stores by my area.

Edit: Aghh, topic typo. Now I sound stupid.

[quote name='Wlogan31']www.cheapassgamer.com is a good place to start

Create a trade list, add prices (if you want to sell), commence trades/sales...[/quote]

^ LOL that's mean!

But yea, why not try selling them online? There's places like GameTZ (and CAG of course). You'd probably get more money for it here than in a store :T

[quote name='khloudstrife']I have 40-50 PS2 games that need to be traded. Ebay or Craigslist is not an option sadly. I want to trade these in return for cash, and not credit. There's Gamestop or Gamecrazy, and maybe Gamerush. IIRC trading games at Gamerush/Blockbuster required the game to be in the original case right? [Last time I went there that's what they told me] 5 of these games are junk titles while the rest are solid-B or triple-A titles [Okami, Resident Evil 4, blah, blah, blah.] Those are all the closest stores by my area.

Edit: Aghh, topic typo. Now I sound stupid.[/quote]

If you want cash, expect to get next to nothing from either store for last-gen games. For 40 or so, at best hope to get maybe $130-$150. That's if they are solid titles.

I will settle for over the 100 mark. I can't do online transactions, sorry. I just want to know which of these 3 stores will get me over the $100 mark in cash? Yes, they are solid titles. Dragon Quest 8, The Warriors, Star Ocean, Guitar Hero 1 and 2, lots of others which I am too lazy to name. Generally, games that have gotten a really good review or a solid review.

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, FYEs give cash for trade-ins, by now. The one I work at used to only do credit, but since Trans World bought out Sam Goody and Suncoast and converted Strawberries into FYEs, we've been offering cash at all locations around here. We still take last generation games at my FYE, too, and you should definitely be able to break the $100 mark, since that's only an average of less than 3 bucks per game. FYEs are, generally, better than GameStops with buyback prices.

As always, though, YMMV, as not all FYEs carry games and/or accept PS2-era games.

[quote name='khloudstrife']I will settle for over the 100 mark. I can't do online transactions, sorry. I just want to know which of these 3 stores will get me over the $100 mark in cash? Yes, they are solid titles. Dragon Quest 8, The Warriors, Star Ocean, Guitar Hero 1 and 2, lots of others which I am too lazy to name. Generally, games that have gotten a really good review or a solid review.[/quote]

$100 for 40 solid titles that are complete? If you send me a list I'd probably pay that for them...

Lol. The nearest FYE is 44 miles away. xP Here's a list of my games including the few junk titles. All are in their original cases and most have their manuals. Exaggerated a bit, 31 games.

Devil May Cry 3
Bully
Spider-Man 2
Soul Caliber III [With Namco demo disc]
NFL Street
Metal Gear Solid 3
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus
The Warriors
Dragon Quest VIII
Shining Force EXA
Guitar Hero
Resident Evil 4
Burnout Revenge
Guitar Hero 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Xenosaga II
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja [Why did I ever buy this?]
Phantom Brave
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
Rapala Pro Fish [Don't ask]
Gran Turismo 3
Okami
Xenosaga III
Ar Tonelico
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Guilty Gear Isuka
God Hand
Dead of Alive 2
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Star Ocean 3

Last edited by a moderator:
You could get rid of some of that stuff real quickly on CAG, for the most part. After feeling out which ones you could get rid of easily, you could take the rest and trade into Gamestop to take advantage of their trade offer right now. I know that I see three or four games there that I'd want, m'self.

You guys are starting to make me feel bad. Lol. I'm sorry but I only want to trade them into stores, I've had a bad experience with Ebay and dealing online with people I don't know.

No worries. In reality, your best bet would be to trade your games in for some sort of product that's easy to move, and then sell that. For instance, trade them all in at Gamestop to take advantage of their trade in bonus, use that money to buy Wii Fit or maybe a console or something, and then just sell that one single item for money to someone you know. A lot of flippers like to just use their credit to buy something like a MGS4 PS3 bundle, then sell that to a friend or through Craigslist for $500. Because trading in straight to cash is never going to turn a good amount of money.

You could get A LOT more money for those games than your going to get at GameStop or some other place. Honestly, keep your games, you aren't going to get much over $100. Hopefully you get your confidence back soon so you can eBay/trade them here.

bread's done
Back