Best place to trade-in DVDs?

Cable387

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Is there a store that's just better overall when it comes to trading in DVDs? I have a lot of DVDs I've collected over the years, and with this crazy fall line-up of games coming soon, I decided that maybe I could trade-in a lot of DVDs to help pay for some of them.

Does one store for instance typically give more money for DVD trade-ins? Should I avoid others? Just looking for any help I can get in regards to trading in DVDs.

Best place is FYE, but your stuff has to be mint or near mint with very few to NO scratches on them or they will reject them.

They just had a 45% extra trade credit deal and I dumped off a buttload of games and a couple cd's on them, made over a hundred easily on stuff I'd found thanks to threads here for $2-3 each.

I was about to say I don't have any FYE's around here, then I checked their store locator. I was wrong, they're not everywhere like some stores but I do have one fairly close to me. I might drop by tomorrow to see what I can get for some of them. I should have no problems with condition, I take care of all my disk based media very carefully and it's not like I handle my movies that much besides to watch them once or twice. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Best place is FYE, but your stuff has to be mint or near mint with very few to NO scratches on them or they will reject them.

They just had a 45% extra trade credit deal and I dumped off a buttload of games and a couple cd's on them, made over a hundred easily on stuff I'd found thanks to threads here for $2-3 each.[/QUOTE]
is the deal still going on?

[quote name='xplode427']is the deal still going on?[/QUOTE]

Its a YMMV. According to the topic, some stores have extended it to the end of the month, while others have stopped it on the original date, 7/18 I think. If you're unsure if your store still has the deal, just call your local FYE before you go.

[quote name='MrDubbs']what type of things do you have, maybe you can sell them here/[/QUOTE]
Well, nothing rare or OOP really. Just movies I recieved or bought that I didn't like that much or really never plan on watching again. Just looking at my shelf for a little bit some of the ones I picked out quickly were:

About Schmidt
The Day After Tomorrow
Dogma SE
Freddy vs. Jason
Ghost Dog
The Hulk
The Ice Storm
Me, Myself, and Irene
PotC: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Ride with the Devil
The Rock
Super Troopers
This is Spinal Tap
Unleashed
The Warriors
Batman: The Animated Series Vol. 1
Family Guy Vols. 1-3

A lot of them sell like crap online on eBay or Half.com so I was just trying to see if I could find a good store to trade them in or maybe some kind of great deal going on.

A pretty good way to determine what they're worth @ FYE is by checking Secondspin.com, which is a side site of Transworld Entertainment(the main parent company of FYE/Coconuts/Wherehouse/etc).

Some examples from your list:

The Day After Tomorrow(if you have JUST the Widescreen version):$4.00
Family Guy Vol. 1(4 disc set w/ seasons 1-2): $12.50
Family Guy Vol. 2(3 disc): $12.50
Family Guy Vol. 3(3 disc): $8.00
Batman: TAS(4 disc): $11.50

Those are but a few examples from your list, though not every Secondspin.com site trade value IS accurate to the cent. Case in point being one of the Timesplitters games for PS2, which has 2 different UPCs. One gets either a penny or a dollar, I forget which, while the other gets $16 or so in credit.

Hope this helps you to make up your mind on trading these in.

That actually helps a lot. I'll check out what I want to trade and see if it's worth it. I mean, I know that same Batman set will get me closer to $20 on Half.com so I would rather sell it there, but the Family Guy sets would get me about the same as what you said there and I would really rather just take it into a store than wait for someone to actually buy it then ship it out

bread's done
Back