Best place to trade in games/hardware/accessories?

Oxy_Gen

CAG Veteran
Where can I get the most out of my trade ins from games, hardware, and accessories?

I don't want to go through the hassle on Ebay unless its my last option so which game store will give me most using their cards and offers? Which is the best place to do trade ins right now?

I have a busted Dreamcast and some games I'm looking to throw away so I might as well trade them in

I also heard game stores will stop accepting older games and systems (before Xbox/PS2/GC) , which stores and when?

[quote name='Oxy_Gen']Where can I get the most out of my trade ins from games, hardware, and accessories?

I don't want to go through the hassle on Ebay unless its my last option so which game store will give me most using their cards and offers? Which is the best place to do trade ins right now?

I have a busted Dreamcast and some games I'm looking to throw away so I might as well trade them in

I also heard game stores will stop accepting older games and systems (before Xbox/PS2/GC) , which stores and when?[/QUOTE]

This from a CAG veteran?

[quote name='Oxy_Gen']Where can I get the most out of my trade ins from games, hardware, and accessories?

I also heard game stores will stop accepting older games and systems (before Xbox/PS2/GC) , which stores and when?[/quote]
Try local hobby/game stores, I've seen GameGear on sale in one of the hobby stores in the mall. Good luck. Either that or garage sale.

[quote name='unforeseen']This from a CAG veteran?[/quote]

There is no such thing as bad question, regardless of ranks, we all learn something new everyday.

I also heard game stores will stop accepting older games and systems (before Xbox/PS2/GC) , which stores and when?[/QUOTE]
For Dreamcast stuff your best bet would be a place like GameCrazy. EB and GameStop don't accept Dreamcast trade-ins anymore.
Another option would be try trading it here on CAG. I know I'm looking to pick up some Dreamcast stuff, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Try local hobby/game stores, I've seen GameGear on sale in one of the hobby stores in the mall. Good luck. Either that or garage sale.[/quote]

I dont think he means its a bad question I think he means its in the wrong forum

How is the DC broken? is it that the controller port is broken? You might want to try to get rid of it through craigslist. its free so it wont hurt to try.

[quote name='dbz4ever']There is no such thing as bad question, regardless of ranks, we all learn something new everyday.[/QUOTE]

That is true. No disrespect but a member since Dec. 2003 should know:
1) This is the wrong forum to ask where the best trade-in price for such and such game/system/accessory.

2) Where the best or somewhat decent trade-ins are. If he would have read one of the sticky threads, he would have already known.

Yes, I know some people do not have time to read every single post on CAG but at least do a search for what you are looking for.

In my opinion, Ebay or Half.com are the best places to get rid of games, small accessories, and small systems (particularly handhelds). For larger systems, such as Xbox, original design Ps2, Xbox360, etc. a local store is the better bet, as shipping will kill you or the deal on these.

[quote name='rebenns']In my opinion, Ebay or Half.com are the best places to get rid of games, small accessories, and small systems (particularly handhelds). [/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with this, and would add that the stuff I sell on the Amazon marketplace moves much faster than half.com.

bread's done
Back