Best places to get cheap DVDs?

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
What are the best places to get cheap DVDs? I have 0 movies & did not want to spend much on some. I care more about cheap price than quality, don't care if used. Also, what are the best places to find what movies are best (reviews)?

Half.com is great for cheap movies. you can get a bunch of good titles for around 5 bucks after shipping. and stores like hastings always have deals going on ( buy 2 clearance rental get one for a penny kinda stuff)

hmmm....I dunno.....the first page of DVD DEALS SECTION perhaps?

I would think that would be a good place to start......depending on your definition of "cheap".....

Check ebay for lot sales. You'll probably find a bunch of people rebuying movies on Blu-Ray and dumping the DVD copies. Just search for movies and add the "lot" keyword to your search terms. A lot sale basically means a pile of stuff all for one price instead of buying individually. People that are getting rid of collections tend to do it that way.

- Never heard of Hastings, where are they located?
- DVD deals page here is good, but I'm looking for 'in general'
- Will check out ebay
- Much more interested in B&M than online
- Well price>quality to an extent, I don't want the worst shit made!

Goodwill might be worth a look. I work at one and we seem to have waves of DVD's. Right now we have a lot in my store, usually 3 or 4 bucks each. Never know what you'll find in Goodwill.

i would say just check the big box stores weekly. they have new 3.99-6.99 deals on dvd's weekly now. Since you have 0 dvd's in your library it should be awesome.

Look at Gamestop/EB Games as well. Those that still have DVDs are at either buy 2 get 3 free or buy 2 get 4 free, depending on the store. (plus 10% off with their discount card)

[quote name='J7.']- Never heard of Hastings, where are they located?
- DVD deals page here is good, but I'm looking for 'in general'
- Will check out ebay
- Much more interested in B&M than online
- Well price>quality to an extent, I don't want the worst shit made![/QUOTE]

Just go to you're local Best Buy or Circuit City every week, lazy.

Shit, its not like they are rare or anything. Every week many titles are $4.99. MANY.

Some gamestops are having that buy 2 get 3 free sale on dvds now. So thats five for the price of two, and they usually start at no more than 5 bucks.

Why do you want movies if you dont care what they are? Isnt the point of movies to enjoy watching them?

I just went to Half Priced Books and they sell used DVD. You can also sell them your books and DVDs. I bought X-Men 1.5 for $7 and although it might not sound cheap, I bought it anyway because they NEVER ever have that movie on sell for new.

Big Lots and Pawn Shops. Hastings always runs "Buy 2 get the 3rd for a penny" on all used DVDs.

Blockbuster's 4 for $20 ($9.99 and lower) is also a good place to start.

big lots does have lots of 3.00 dvds of varying quality. Depending on what you mean by cheap, blockbuster can be decent with lots of recent-ish rental dvds for 5-7 bucks each post whatever deal they are currently doing.

Ive scored a ton of movies from Big Lots over the past few weeks... mostly blind buys... but have been really pleased... and for $3 each, you cant go wrong

yeah all you gotta do is just check the circular of the big box stores. i have maybe 120 dvds and i have only paid over $5 for like 6 of them, and they are all pretty good quality (from pretty good to great) just check man just check

I started my collection (and currently I'd say around 60% of 300 dvd's) are from video stores when they sell em 4 for $20 and what not

EDIT: my game stop is still doing buy2 get3, but they really don't have much left anymore

[quote name='Mendoza']Some gamestops are having that buy 2 get 3 free sale on dvds now. So thats five for the price of two, and they usually start at no more than 5 bucks.

Why do you want movies if you dont care what they are? Isnt the point of movies to enjoy watching them?[/quote]
I do care, but I'm not going to pay over $10 for any movie. I'd much rather get a decent movie for $1-8. A little sacrifice of quality for cheapness. I'll check out the big box stores, I wasn't aware their deals were that good.

If your price range is between $1 - $8 per movie, then as previously mentioned, Big Lots carries new titles at around $3.00 each.

In no specific order:
(1) Big Lots
(2) Walmart - also has the bargain bin with DVDs running at $5.00 bucks each.
(3) Best Buy's - frequently has DVDs priced at $4.99
(4) Circuit CIty - also has somewhat low priced DVDs as well.
(5) Amazon.com - also has bargain DVDs; just use the "filler" search. Enter whatever dollar amount you want. Hit the $25.00 mark and you get free domestic shipping.

Amazon DVD "filler"
http://www.filleritem.com/

(NOTE: Under "Limit the Search to the Following Categories" unclick everything except DVD.)

bread's done
Back