Best platformer on the NES?

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
one rule, no mario games, because that would pring the discussion to a halt when everyone says mario, or mario 3 ^^

i vote adventure island 3

I can't say best, but there is a game called Lickle on NES that is great, but its more actiony megaman like than jsut straight platformer. But if megaman counts I would probably say a one of the Mega Mans, (currently im on the 3rd in the collection).

It's a super easy game, but I have a soft spot for Felix the Cat. Not nearly the best, I just wanted to mention it.

The definition of platformer is constantly changing so it's hard to say, what about Ninja Gaiden. Or the original Batman.

[quote name='bob_the_goon']For some reason, I used to love Duck Tales.[/quote]

The Duck Tails game was awesome. Though, I might have to vote for Rygar. It wasn't *exactly* a plaformer, but you did jump from platform to platform. And there was nothing like beating it.

[quote name='javeryh']I really liked Wizards and Warriors but I don't know if that is a platformer...[/quote]

That game was awesome. I wish my NES worked so I could go back and play it. I know we have emulators and all now, but nothing beats sitting down with your NES and beating the game. Saving state is just lame. Its all about beating it in one sitting.

any capcom game (the ones with the purple border on their label)
the best of which are: megaman 2, ducktales and rescue rangers

Shadow of the Ninja, 2-Player ninja action!!!

I'd normally vote for Mega Man 2 but I'll stay away from the cliche'

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='bob_the_goon']For some reason, I used to love Duck Tales.[/quote]
Maybe for the reason DuckTales rules?[/quote]

I have to second this. For lo these many years I have extolled the virtues of DuckTales.

Clash at Demonhead/Adventure Island 3

the need to re-release AI2&3 instead of 50 variuons of the unimpressive first one.

I'm not sure if Kid Icarus counts...because there are some parts where you get to fly in the game.

This is one title I wish I still owned for my NES.

bread's done
Back