Best Podcast Aggregator? Also, throw in some recommendations for podcasts...

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Basically I'm looking for something that can automate my current process of going to different sites and downloading the individual podcast.

No Itunes. I prefer using that program as little as possible.

Winamp is what I use. It's great. You can either have it dl automatically or you can just stream the podcasts. I find I'm getting really addicted to them too. Its getting to be all I listen to on my bus rides. I listen to CAGcast (of course), CAG Foreplay, 1upyours, Three Red Lights (ign), GameSages (ign), and sometimes the Hot Spot (gamespot).

[quote name='Liquid 2']Best podcast is a tie between Demolition Radio and the GGTCast.

You really can't lose with those two.[/QUOTE]

HA!

yeah i use juice its good hmm podcasts ill share my list with ya
This week in tech
cag foreplay
weekly geek
gonintendo
major nelson
ggtcast
1up yours - THis is my favorite
Gfw radio
Cagcast - this is my other favorite
1up retronauts
Totally rad show
diggnation
and egm live
I listen to podcasts all day at work thats why i subscribe to so many

[quote name='Liquid 2']Best podcast is a tie between Demolition Radio and the GGTCast.

This.

Those two are like if God and Jesus had their own, separate podcasts.

I'm not sure what the Holy Ghost is up to these days.

[quote name='yukine']How do you setup Winamp to automatically download new casts?

Last time I tried, it wouldn't download anything.[/quote]
First I'd recommend you get version 5.22 then you go to the media tab. And there's a podcast directory with subscriptions area. Go to add new and just copy the feed url into the pop up box.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/cagcast

If that doesnt work for ya then I'm stumped

[quote name='Maklershed']Winamp is what I use. It's great. You can either have it dl automatically or you can just stream the podcasts. I find I'm getting really addicted to them too. Its getting to be all I listen to on my bus rides. I listen to CAGcast (of course), CAG Foreplay, 1upyours, Three Red Lights (ign), GameSages (ign), and sometimes the Hot Spot (gamespot).[/QUOTE]

Video game nerd!

I'm not into podcasts much (although maybe I'll check out some of these.

One I have liked now and then is This Week In Tech (TWIT) - already mentioned.

Another one for Juice the only podcast aggregator you need.

I have to nominate the best independent/underground hip-hop in the galaxy: Ecliptic Sight Podcast.

Others I listen to:
Cagcast (duh)
About Heroes (comics)
Freestyle 101 Video Podcast (hip-hop)
Hierocast (hip-hop)
John Henry Radio (hip-hop)
Stones Throw Podcast (hip-hop, funk, jazz)
Epicfu (tech)
Tiki Bar (drinks)
Galaticast (random)

[quote name='Maklershed']First I'd recommend you get version 5.22 then you go to the media tab. And there's a podcast directory with subscriptions area. Go to add new and just copy the feed url into the pop up box.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/cagcast

If that doesnt work for ya then I'm stumped[/quote]

Alright, got it working.

But is there a way to make it just save the file? I have them going to my player and I'd rather it not create a folder for each 'cast.

Well if you right click on a certain episode of a podcast and click download media it will just download that specific episode. You might have to change the directory it gets download to in the general winamp preferences.

:rofl:

fuck Demolition Radio.

And that fatass overtalkative host.

;)

[quote name='headpiece747']Another one for Juice the only podcast aggregator you need.

I have to nominate the best independent/underground hip-hop in the galaxy: Ecliptic Sight Podcast.

Others I listen to:
Cagcast (duh)
About Heroes (comics)
Freestyle 101 Video Podcast (hip-hop)
Hierocast (hip-hop)
John Henry Radio (hip-hop)
Stones Throw Podcast (hip-hop, funk, jazz)
Epicfu (tech)
Tiki Bar (drinks)
Galaticast (random)[/quote]

I'll have to try that Comics one. i've always wanted a good solid comics podcast. Thanks.

[quote name='javeryh']ESPN's PTI and Around the Horn are two very good daily podcasts - 25 minutes each.[/quote]

Do you have links to either? I knew that they had podcasts, but I was under the assumption that you could only get them through Itunes, which is just a pain in the ass to deal with. If I could set up Juice to grab them, then that's what I would prefer.

[quote name='headpiece747']
Stones Throw Podcast (hip-hop, funk, jazz)[/quote]

Mannnn how many more 'Thank You Jay Dee' specials they gonna do? Two was enough and the last one was weak. If they do any more then they're just pissing on his grave to turn a buck and that's bullshit.

Anyways my vote goes to dublab (LA hippy/electronic scene) and Ricky Gervais (funny little Englishman)

I used to listen to mad decent but it lost focus. If you like good (read:not reggaeton or perreo) Latin music there are a couple podcasts. Good Bossa Nova too.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'll have to try that Comics one. i've always wanted a good solid comics podcast. Thanks.[/quote]

Comic Geek Speak is a great comics podcast with a lot of content on a large variety of topics.

The Comic Forums was created by the Comic Geek Speak Guys as a forum for their show and a boatload of others with a large variety of specialties under the comic/geek umbrella. You can probably find a podcast to fit a particular interest of yours if you are really into a niche of comics.

Besides the CAGcast, my favorite podcast is Kevin Smith's SMODcast.
If you're a sucker for ViewAskew stuff like me.

PTI & ATH are good also.

[quote name='mriswyth']Comic Geek Speak is a great comics podcast with a lot of content on a large variety of topics.

The Comic Forums was created by the Comic Geek Speak Guys as a forum for their show and a boatload of others with a large variety of specialties under the comic/geek umbrella. You can probably find a podcast to fit a particular interest of yours if you are really into a niche of comics.[/quote]
ill have to check those out. Also while i was looking around i found the ifanboy.com comics podcast ive listened to the last two podcasts of theres and there pretty good

I have just gotten into podcasts. Itunes seems to be a real pain when gathering podcasts. Problem is I have an ipod. Can I use juice to gather the podcasts and then scan them into itunes manually?

[quote name='paddlefoot']I have just gotten into podcasts. Itunes seems to be a real pain when gathering podcasts. Problem is I have an ipod. Can I use juice to gather the podcasts and then scan them into itunes manually?[/quote]

Yes. Set up the directory you want the podcasts to be downloaded to, then just open up Itunes, collect the mp3 and pass them over to your IPod. I do that will of my music. Also, get used to not liking Itunes. I have no idea why so many Apple-heads love this program. I hate it, and everyone I know hates it. I have to help tons of people set it up on their computers, but no matter who, the all have some issues with the program.

Is there any good site that aggregates podcasts so I don't have to go ambling through the internet in search of the good ones? I remember I used to get a few from one, but I can't find/remember its url.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yes. Set up the directory you want the podcasts to be downloaded to, then just open up Itunes, collect the mp3 and pass them over to your IPod. I do that will of my music. Also, get used to not liking Itunes. I have no idea why so many Apple-heads love this program. I hate it, and everyone I know hates it. I have to help tons of people set it up on their computers, but no matter who, the all have some issues with the program.[/quote]

Really? I've been in an Apple backlash for quite a while, but I gotta admit that I think itunes is a great program. If Winamp can do it better I'll definitely give it a try.

I listen to

Cagcast
1up yours (my two faves)
Kojima Productions podcast (great meetal gear music is always scattered throughout)

Sometimes I'll download egmlive, cag foreplay, retronauts, and Insomniac's Full Moon show. Someone mentioned the Kevin Smith podcast, and I gotta say it's hilarious but isn't in my rotation.

edit: I guess you could try yahoo's aggregator?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Do you have links to either? I knew that they had podcasts, but I was under the assumption that you could only get them through Itunes, which is just a pain in the ass to deal with. If I could set up Juice to grab them, then that's what I would prefer.[/quote]

Sorry - I grab them through iTunes.

I also forgot to mention The Rickey Gervais Podcast - funniest one out there, IMO.

[quote name='javeryh']Sorry - I grab them through iTunes.

I also forgot to mention The Rickey Gervais Podcast - funniest one out there, IMO.[/quote]

Edit: I didn't know that colin Cowherd has a podcast. I kind of like him on my morning drive. I wish Kornheiser was still on in the morning, but he's not bad. Amusing at least.

That's cool. I managed to find it through google anyway. Are they video-casts or straight audio podcasts?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yes. Set up the directory you want the podcasts to be downloaded to, then just open up Itunes, collect the mp3 and pass them over to your IPod. I do that will of my music. Also, get used to not liking Itunes. I have no idea why so many Apple-heads love this program. I hate it, and everyone I know hates it. I have to help tons of people set it up on their computers, but no matter who, the all have some issues with the program.[/quote]

Thanks, I ended up downloading it last night. The only issue is that it puts the podcasts in my music directory and not my podcast directory.

And I absolutely hate itunes as well, but it seems that Apple is trying to screw over third party developers with the new ipod lines. I might as well get used to using itunes, no matter how much I dislike it.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Thanks, I ended up downloading it last night. The only issue is that it puts the podcasts in my music directory and not my podcast directory.

And I absolutely hate itunes as well, but it seems that Apple is trying to screw over third party developers with the new ipod lines. I might as well get used to using itunes, no matter how much I dislike it.[/quote]

You can change the folder it downloads to. What is Ipod Lines?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You can change the folder it downloads to. What is Ipod Lines?[/quote]

As in the Classic, Touch, and 3rd Gen Nano

[quote name='paddlefoot']As in the Classic, Touch, and 3rd Gen Nano[/quote]

Oh, I got you now. I thought you were referencing some new Ipod patent for podcasts or something. Yamipod and floola have been acting weird with all the new Ipod(s)/Itunes. They used to work perfectly.

bread's done
Back