Best Podcast?

Aside from the CAGcast which ain't bad (although there's never quite enough Wombat magic), I listen to the following:

GoNintendo -- can be kind of hit and miss, but much respect to RawMeat for what he and the rest of the Jersey kids are doing

Alternative Tentacles Batcast -- lots Jello Biafra and nice previews of AT bands

Democracy Now! -- Amy Goodman is the best; a great journalist and a true patriot

Fat Wreck Chords Podcast -- only three so far; looking forward to more when the Warped Tour ends and Fat Mike goes back home... he entertains the hell out of me

Gamers With Jobs Radio -- had an awesome run before Fletch (Russ Pitts from TechTV) got hired by some other gaming site... it was hands-down the best video game related podcast I've heard because of Fletch

G7 Welcoming Committee Records podcast -- alternative political commentary (Chomsky and Zinn fans, take note) plus music and videos from the G7 label and friends

Mysterious Universe -- some Australian dude does this. It's quick and full of gee-whiz wonder about Art Bell-ish kind of crap. Largely B.S. like all fringe UFO-type shows, but for some reason I find it routinely hilarious.

Radio Detective Story Hour -- vintage radio crime and mystery dramas... friggin' classic!

Soccer Shout -- best damn soccer podcast around; largely focused on England's FA

Nintendo RetroCast -- started off absolutely aces with two guys with thick Baltimore accents; unintentionally brilliant and hilarious in their cheapness and screwball presentation; totally gone downhill now, so I've pretty much stopped listening... their first five shows were gold.

WrestleCrap Radio -- much love for R.D Reynolds and Blade Braxton. Genius website and a podcast to match it. Their shows with Vince Russo were amazing.

[quote name='Yo Mama']Battlestar Galactica[/QUOTE]

Ron Moore's commentary on every episode is great. It's great how he decided to do that.

[quote name='javeryh']Any new ones that are good these days?[/QUOTE]

I've become a huge fan of Dan Carlin's two podcasts: Common Sense and Hardcore History.

If you have any interest at all in world history, you'll probably love Hardcore History. Wonderfully produced examinations into critical events in recorded history. Recent shows have covered the Cold War, WWI, and the end of the Bronze Age. Fun!

Common Sense deals more with current events and approaches them from a fairly strict Constitutionalist perspective, be they political, economic, social, or cultural issues. Can be pretty interesting, particularly when Dan tries to give historical context to events.

Here's some of the ones I like. My favorites being CAG and NextGen.

CAGcast, of course
NextGen.biz now Game Theory
IGN scoop
EGM.1up
OXM
MajorNelson

bread's done
Back