Best Price for Flights and Hotels?

weltall

CAG Veteran
I absolutely hate flying, especially with all the ridiculous fees airlines are charging these days. However, I need to make a trip later this year, so I am wondering where I could go to find the best deals for booking flights, and if it it makes it cheaper a flight+hotel combination since I need to stay at a hotel anyway.

I know about Orbitz, Travelocity, and Priceline. Are those my best options, or are there better sites out there? I believe all those sites charge some kind of booking fee right?

Thanks!

My recent findings/usage:

Travelocity was best for Hotel stays
Expedia was best for Airline Tickets

Another viable choice not on your list is Hotwire: you name your price and they try to match it, but you won't know what airline or specific flight you'll get until you commit to the offer they find for you.

A combo deal is good, but it seemed that I could always get a better deal by splitting each segment between different websites.

check out sidestep.com
it searches sites like orbitz, travelocity, etc. and the major airline websites.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Now, is it better to book now or wait for a while? I know prices, at least for flights, will definitely get more expensive closer to the actual date of travel, but I hear if you wait long enough prices will go down since the airlines are trying to fill up the flights?

bread's done
Back