Best price on Sonic Gems Collection

Gamerguy

CAGiversary!
So far, I've only seen it advertised for $29.99 on Wal*Mart, EB, and Amazon. No other sites seem to have it up yet. Has anyone seen a print ad for less than that?

...yes, I'm really a cheap ass. I know I probably won't find it for less than the already low price. =P

[quote name='Gamerguy']So far, I've only seen it advertised for $29.99 on Wal*Mart, EB, and Amazon. No other sites seem to have it up yet. Has anyone seen a print ad for less than that?

...yes, I'm really a cheap ass. I know I probably won't find it for less than the already low price. =P[/QUOTE]

Already low?

The only worthwhile thing imo is Sonic CD, since they removed Streets of Rage from the US version (but they did add Vectorman 1 and 2). They should have charged 19.99 for this, 29.99 is robbery.

And no Knuckles Chaotix? Cmon Sega, you can do better than this.

OP - I don't see any sales, but give it a few months and it will drop to under 20, guaranteed.

I'm just jaded since Sega didn't throw this out at 20... would have made quite a bit of sales that way, since Sonic CD is at least worth 20.

That's what I read in a magazine. Did you just copy that, Roufuss? ;) kidding kidding

The Virtua Boy games are retarded. Are they all going to be in that old "different shades of red" shit?

[quote name='Blade']That's what I read in a magazine. Did you just copy that, Roufuss? ;) kidding kidding

The Virtua Boy games are retarded. Are they all going to be in that old "different shades of red" shit?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo made Virtual Boy. Sega made the GameGear. There are 6 GameGear games in Gems, nothing by Nintendo. =P

And I'm considering this price to be "low" relative to Sonic Mega Collection, which was $40 at launch. Still, I agree it should be $20.

Overstock.com had it for like $27... if you have that $10 coupon from CAG from like a week or two ago that'd be nice.

Though really, I'd suggest ditching the shitty US version since the only worthwhile games are Sonic CD and Vectorman 1 and 2. The Japanese version has everything the US version does but throws in the awesome Streets of Rage series (3 games) and Bonanza Brothers. Only issue is that it's like $50.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']So when is Sega going to release the Streets of Rage games in the U.S.?[/QUOTE]
well, it already has released them...for the Genesis.
As for a rerelease, maybe if they do a Genesis Classics Collection, or if they put Streets of Rage into their Sega Ages remakes thing, maybe we'll see it then.

What they need to do is make a collection with Sonic Games, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, and other WELL known games.

Sega really has no idea how to make a collection of thier older games. They are sitting on a gold mine with the Sonic Games alone.

Anyone think that Sega will combine Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems and eventually release it for ps2 and xbox, similar to what they did with Sonic Mega Collection Plus?

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']Anyone think that Sega will combine Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems and eventually release it for ps2 and xbox, similar to what they did with Sonic Mega Collection Plus?[/QUOTE]

No, becuase the Sonic Mega Collection exists already. And the Gems collection is cross-platorm overseas already. I'm sure they'll just port that here.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']Anyone think that Sega will combine Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems and eventually release it for ps2 and xbox, similar to what they did with Sonic Mega Collection Plus?[/QUOTE]
No, for the reasons already stated. However, a better idea might be for a release on the PSP. I would say XBOX 360 or PS3, but they will be BC.

[quote name='SDC']well, it already has released them...for the Genesis.
As for a rerelease, maybe if they do a Genesis Classics Collection, or if they put Streets of Rage into their Sega Ages remakes thing, maybe we'll see it then.[/QUOTE]

I dunno if Sega would actually make a Genesis Classics Collection or anything other than a Sonic collection at this point. I mean, that Sega Collection of games like Golden Axe, Outrun, and some other Sega AGES remakes did absolutely terribly. Sega's probably reluctant now to release anything without the sonic name on it.

I'm just importing the Jap version so that I win in the end.

^ That's true, but then again I think the Sega Collection did so bad because we got half-assed "updates" to the games instead of the originals. I just wish they would release another Smash Pack-esqe collection. That still stands as one of my favorite collection games.

[quote name='Megaten']I think the Sega Collection did so bad because we got half-assed "updates" to the games instead of the originals. I just wish they would release another Smash Pack-esqe collection.[/QUOTE]

Sega didn't even port their own stuff worth a darn with the Smash Pack Vol. 1 for DC. Remember how the music and sound was all screwed up on a number of the included games?

[quote name='Chacrana']
Though really, I'd suggest ditching the shitty US version since the only worthwhile games are Sonic CD and Vectorman 1 and 2. The Japanese version has everything the US version does but throws in the awesome Streets of Rage series (3 games) and Bonanza Brothers. Only issue is that it's like $50.[/QUOTE]

I thought Sonic Gems only had Streets of Rage 1? Would be super shitty if it had all three, and I'd definately import it then.

Other things to note - Sonic CD only has the US music option, they couldn't include the Japanese music due to licensing issues.

Streets of Rage was taken out of Sonic Gems Collection for the US because, if they let it in, the whole pack would have been rated T, instead of E.

bread's done
Back