best prices for systems and games?

exRounder

CAGiversary!
What places off the best prices for systems and games? I'm talking PS1, PS2; I need to get rid of them and was just wondering where I could get the most buck for my last-gen bang.

Thanks.

For PS1 basically nowhere except mom and pop stores will even offer you anything from them.

For PS2 there is no best place or else every other place would be out of business except the best one. Typically Mom and Pop stores sometimes have better deals so you'll have to check and see if there are any in your area.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Ebay. You'll get more there than trading them in anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I got $25 for a broken ps2 on ebay. I said in the listing what was wrong with it and somebody bought it anyway. :)

Here's how things usually work from my experience:

Ebay - more money for your sales, but huge fees
Amazon - more money for your sales, but from what I understand their practice is a bit faulty and if you're in a hurry to sell it's not the best option
Craigslist - no fees, but expect lower selling prices and some frusterating people
Misc. gamer-centric selling/trading sites - decent selling prices(normally not nearly as high as ebay/amazon), but the lack of protection and scammers can be more of an issue.

[quote name='eastshore4']Here's how things usually work from my experience:

Ebay - more money for your sales, but huge fees
Amazon - more money for your sales, but from what I understand their practice is a bit faulty and if you're in a hurry to sell it's not the best option
Craigslist - no fees, but expect lower selling prices and some frusterating people
Misc. gamer-centric selling/trading sites - decent selling prices(normally not nearly as high as ebay/amazon), but the lack of protection and scammers can be more of an issue.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a 15% fee as well, so it isn't any better of an option than eBay. Plus, you have to change your prices daily due to penny warring assholes since they make it so easy to change prices on the fly.

The only benefit you get from Amzon is not having to pay the paypal fees, which can be anywhere from 0% - 2.6%. Then again, Amazon holds your all your money for a very long time before releasing it to you, so you don't get your money instantly like you do with paypal.

If you sell on craigslist, you'll get a lot less than eBay, even without the fees you'll still come out making a couple bucks less.

Craigslist is hands down the best option for someone wanting quick cash.

[quote name='Doomstink']Amazon has a 15% fee as well, so it isn't any better of an option than eBay. Plus, you have to change your prices daily due to penny warring assholes since they make it so easy to change prices on the fly.

The only benefit you get from Amzon is not having to pay the paypal fees, which can be anywhere from 0% - 2.6%. Then again, Amazon holds your all your money for a very long time before releasing it to you, so you don't get your money instantly like you do with paypal.

If you sell on craigslist, you'll get a lot less than eBay, even without the fees you'll still come out making a couple bucks less.

Craigslist is hands down the best option for someone wanting quick cash.[/QUOTE]

Prices tend to be higher on amazon than ebay, but you do have to pay attention to what the prices are. the penny-wars are something that I don't usually worry about. If you have good feedback, people will come to you. Amazon doesn't really hold your money for very long, either. Within a few hours of the item selling, you can have the money transferred to your bank account. This can take 3-5 days, but that depends on your bank.

Craigslist depends on your area. If you live in a fairly large city, you can probably turn things over quickly, but in less urban areas you have to price things pretty low in order to get anyone's attention.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm thinking of eBay at the moment with no good mom and pop's around here. Do you think it's better to sell the stuff in a huge package or in pieces? I figure a big package would fetch more attention and maybe money.

It depends on what your selling, In my case im looking to get rid of showdown cards. I had double of a specific set, so i experimented. I listed one as the full set and 3 other listings with each individual card. I believe i made triple the amount of money on the individual listings.

P.S: You ought to list those titles up here, you never know if someone will be interested.

bread's done
Back