Best prices on Vibram FiveFingers?

These shoes are hilariously awful. My roommate has a pair, and complains constantly. His feet hurt when he wears them, since they're not used to walking around essentially barefoot, they provide no protection from the elements, they make his feet smell horrendous since he can't wear socks with them and they really don't breathe well (which is odd, since they also don't protect from water). The best part though? He still wears them anyway, since he wants to feel like he didn't waste whatever ridiculously large amount of money he spent for them ($90 or something like that? Don't quite remember).

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Color me surprised (disappointed?) that this isn't a sex toy like the name led me to believe.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that.

[quote name='YodaEXE']His feet hurt when he wears them, since they're not used to walking around essentially barefoot[/QUOTE]

Is he running in them properly or is he still trying to land with his heel while wearing them?

I actually own the "KSO Trek" everybody is taken back by them when they first notice them on my feet. Its like an advance ninja shoe. Paid about the usual price for them ($120ish) at a store in Traverse City, Michigan.

Try mountsport.com. Best price I found at $74.99 a pair. They also have a special 25% off until the 15th if you like their facebook page. Just remember your size is determined by the length of your foot and not your shoe size.

Oh and they do make socks for them. They are made by Injinji. Amazon carries them.

One thing you might want to consider, if you've never worn these before, is trying some knockoffs just to make sure that wearing them is for you. You can get off-brand versions similar to the KSOs from online Chinese distributors for ~$35 shipped.

If you ask about these on a barefoot website with a rabid pro-Vibram crowd they will banter on and on about how you shouldn't buy the knockoffs because it hurts Vibram, infringes on their design, and the quality is so poor.

As far as hurting Vibram and infringing on their design, nobody says you have to buy the counterfeit ones just get off-brand versions. Furthermore, Vibram doesn't have the right to be the only company that can make what are essentially toe socks with a thin rubber sole. Bottom line is: the "shoes" are weird looking no matter what brand brand they are, so who cares?

On the quality of the imitation ones, it is obviously not on the same level of what you would get from Vibram, but the quality of the Vibram shoes doesn't make them worth the extra $50+ either. At least not if you're just giving them a tryout. With the knockoffs, the seems probably wont be as nice and you might have to order a size larger because the sizing is usually a little off (always read reviews of others' experiences ordering to determine if you need to bump your size).

In my opinion, $85+ is a steep entry fee for trying to off the wall type shit like this. You probably wouldn't pick a $2,000 Les Paul if you're trying to figure out if you'd like to pursue learning to play guitar, so I would think most people would apply the same philosophy here.

bread's done
Back