Best PS 1 Games?

I'm going to second everything mentioned... so many games I still haven't played it's kind of scary... no way I can get a PS3 yet when I need to play ps1 games...

But a special mention for FFT and twisted metal 2. Twisted metal may look rather aged by now, but what fun. I wish they would make a good new twisted metal, we used to play multiplayer all the time. Halo is probably the only game I have had as much fun with on multiplayer.

[quote name='maigoyume']I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Chrono Cross even after playing Chrono Trigger, not to mention it got a perfect 10 from gamespot, the element slot system was really good, I liked not being able to ABUSE spells like there was no tm and the summons were just wicked awesome[/quote]

I respect your reasoning. The game definitely appeals to a different RPG fan, and it must have hit the right cord with you.

As for Gamespot, I am still absolutley clueless how the game got a 10. I could see a solid 8 or maybe a low 9, but not a 10.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']I respect your reasoning. The game definitely appeals to a different RPG fan, and it must have hit the right cord with you.

As for Gamespot, I am still absolutley clueless how the game got a 10. I could see a solid 8 or maybe a low 9, but not a 10.[/quote]I thought the game was beautifully done, and a worthy sequel to chrono trigger, course i never did actually FINISH chrono trigger due to some faulty.......... *cough* rom *cough* but I agreed wholeheartedly with the gamespot reviewer. However one thing I would have improved on would have been more double and triple techs, those I have to say were severely lacking.

Twisted Metal 2, Any of the Resident Evil Games, and Medal of Honor.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica...sigh, had it for DC, great game, but very frustrating.

I havent played to many ps one games, but metal gear solid, twisted metal 2, castlevania sotn, final fantasy chronicles, and xenogears are my favorites. Twisted metal 2 was insane!!!

I would be really awesome if the OP would update the first post with the updates so we would have a complete list without repeats.

Legend of Legaia is definitely one of my favorite games on the Playstation, probably in my top 10 list of all-time favorites across all platforms. Very underrated IMO, and the battle system is awesome.

I didn't go through the list to see if these were mentioned, but you need...

Star Ocean 2: the second story
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Super Puzzle Fighter

i second a lot of games already posted. my personal list of faves:

- crash bandicoot series (1-3, crash team racing)
- spyro series
- tomba 2 (just finished this yesterday, actually. quest based platformer that was a lot of fun to get through)
- vagrant story (one of the best looking ps1 games, and a very unique and engrossing rpg)
- silent bomber (criminally overlooked action game)
- incredible crisis
- no one can stop mr. domino
- wild 9 (got semi-trashed in reviews, but i thought it was quite a bit of fun)
- jumping flash (if you can find it)
- metal gear solid (only part of the series i absolutely loved and thought had a cohesive and interesting story. for bonus points, pick up mgs:vr missions as well)
- ape escape (one of my favorite platformers across any system. one of the few games i absolutely have to crack out every once in a while and play through again)
- street fighter alpha 3 (not arcade perfect, but the extra modes thrown into this version make it worth owning)
- silent hill (hated it with a passion when it first came out, but something clicked when i gave it another shot years later. perfect companion to 3)

i was more into platformers than rpg's, so i lean more towards those. oddly, the ps1 got a surprising amount of good entries in both categories, so you can't really go wrong.

Final Fantasy Chronicles
Tekken 3
Xenogears
Persona
Tales of Destiny
I will check my list of Playstation games.

bread's done
Back