Best PS3 news site?

shorj998

CAGiversary!
It seems as though almost every site has a certain bias. I guess that's to be expected, but which site offers the most current news, reviews, previews, etc. for the PS3? Just curious to see some opinions. Thanks.

If you want all those things lumped up into one website, even though I don't respect the site anymore, the IGN PS3 channel is your best bet.

The better choice in my opinion would be a mix of Metacritic scores and 1UP.com for reviews, 1UP.com for previews, and PS3 Fanboy, Kotaku and Joystiq (throw a little Siliconera if you like Japanese-developed games) for news.

PlayStation Universe (psu.com)
PS3 Fanboy (although I sometimes dislike one of the editors (He puts a stupid spin sometimes))
PS Blog
PSX Extreme (at times)

That's mostly what I check

Kind of going off my original question (for the sake of not making a whole new thread), what podcasts besides CAGcast does everyone listen to? I listened to an episode of Playstation Nation Podcast where they interviewed a producer for Killzone 2 and it seemed pretty decent.

[quote name='shorj998']Kind of going off my original question (for the sake of not making a whole new thread), what podcasts besides CAGcast does everyone listen to? I listened to an episode of Playstation Nation Podcast where they interviewed a producer for Killzone 2 and it seemed pretty decent.[/quote]

My two favorites are the giant bombcast (giantbomb.com) which comes out on Tuesday nights and 1up yours (1up.com) which comes out on Fridays. CAGcast runs a very distant third to these in my opinion.

I'd also highly recommend PS3Fanboy.com (and Joystiq.com for general gaming news).

As for reviews... good question :p idk, if it's a game I'm interested in, I usually check out GameTrailers.com and then head over to GameRankings.com and read a few of the reviews linked there. Honestly, I don't put too much emphasis on what reviewers say - lately I find I'm strongly disagreeing with them more and more. Usually I check out the demo and judge for myself :)

[quote name='shorj998']Kind of going off my original question (for the sake of not making a whole new thread), what podcasts besides CAGcast does everyone listen to? I listened to an episode of Playstation Nation Podcast where they interviewed a producer for Killzone 2 and it seemed pretty decent.[/quote]

As far as gaming podcasts are concerned:
5. Giant Bombcast
4. CAGcast
3. LAN Party
2. 1UP FM
1. 1UP Yours

ps3fanboy usually hits up most of the news I'm interested in. There are some other websites that go more in depth about the SONY company and it's business and offer analysis about how these things relate to the PS3 but I really only care about the machine from a consumer standpoint.

bread's done
Back