best PSP screen protectors?

well now one person says you dont notice the IS at all but the Hori is much more noticeable (albeit due to the edges and not the serfice like the former comment mentioned), contrarial opinions indeed.

I also am a little unsure how the IS solution that fascilitates the thing sticking evaoprates without leaving any moisture marks or residue while keeping the shield stuck in the process....

Okay so I'm on Invisible Shield #3.

Back when the 50% sale started a few months back I figured I'd pick one up for my new slim to give it a try.

After "losing my order", and a few e-mails I finally got it in the mail, but after unsuccessfully installing it and then looking at the package, turns out they sent me the shield for the full-sized PSP.

That was last week.

So today I finally got my replacement, this one for the slim, but I totally botched the installation. The moment it came off the cardboard card it stuck to itself, then putting it on the PSP went crookedly, and my attempt to peel it off to reposition it just made it stretched, and then it REALLY didn't fit. Not to mention the solution bottle was either clogged or half empty because I had a hell of a time trying to get it out and onto the shield/PSP.

Anywho, I just shot off an e-mail so hopefully I can get my botched install shield replaced.

This'll work eventually I hope. I keep my slim wrapped in a microfiber cloth in the playgear case and there are already a few fine scratches just from wiping the screen.

Edit: just read their guarantee and it says they don't cover botched installs. If this is the case, I'll just ask for my money back and just forget the whole damn thing.
Arg.

lol just give the bottle a good press. Might seem like nothing's coming out since the bottle is small and feels like nothing in your hands. Makes things worse when you have to spray your fingertips as well as the screen cuz then the bottle slips out.

You don't have to take the entire shield off when you're repositioning. Great thing about a wet solution is that you can slide it around a little bit to position it just right before squeeging the excess off.

Dunno what to say about the stretching problem. I've never had that happen to me before even when taking it off. Best thing I can suggest is to place it somewhere dust-free (probably back on the peeling) and leave it alone for awhile, and it might shrink back to its original size.

[quote name='imascrub']lol just give the bottle a good press. Might seem like nothing's coming out since the bottle is small and feels like nothing in your hands. Makes things worse when you have to spray your fingertips as well as the screen cuz then the bottle slips out.

You don't have to take the entire shield off when you're repositioning. Great thing about a wet solution is that you can slide it around a little bit to position it just right before squeeging the excess off.

Dunno what to say about the stretching problem. I've never had that happen to me before even when taking it off. Best thing I can suggest is to place it somewhere dust-free (probably back on the peeling) and leave it alone for awhile, and it might shrink back to its original size.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess because I didn't have enough liquid on the protector it stuck instantly, so when I peeled it up I had to pull it with some force to get it up, and that stretched it.

It's too late now because in addition to being stretched it's covered with fingerprints. If they don't replace it I'm just gonna say f**k it to the whole situation and just get my money back. I don't play the PSP all that much anyway--mostly because I'm afraid to scratch any more than I already have.

So I got a reply back today. Turns out they'll replace it for the price of $3.95 which covers the shipping and handling. In the end that means even though I got 50% the initial price I'll be getting darn close to it again.

Now I'm debating if I want to spent $4 to have me possibly botch the job again, or just go commando.

Arg.

[quote name='maximumzero']So I got a reply back today. Turns out they'll replace it for the price of $3.95 which covers the shipping and handling. In the end that means even though I got 50% the initial price I'll be getting darn close to it again.

Now I'm debating if I want to spent $4 to have me possibly botch the job again, or just go commando.

Arg.[/quote]

I've used Best Skins Ever for a lot of my devices - my old phat PSP, my cell phone, my old ipod video, my ipod nano, etc. I can't recommend them highly enough. So much cheaper, excellent customer service.

I just ordered an Invisible Shield for my new LG Venus because BSE didn't have it. Not only did I pay 2x as much, but it looked like crap once it was installed. I'm a pro at getting a clean install at this point, but it just looked like there were vertical lines all over it. I won't be buying IS over BSE ever again.

I just ordered a BSE for my slim.

I bought the Hori screen protectors awhile back for my phatty and hated them. I waited 2 weeks for the crap to come, only to immediately get a dust particle stuck to the screen and it was ruined.

I have an IS on my PSP Slim, I show it to most people and they can't even see it.

A few tips:

- First wash your hand thoroughly, soaping up your fingertips.
- Use tweezers to remove the IS from the sheet.
- Spray the screen, and also run the IS under the faucet; get it as wet as possible.
- Avoid the full PSP body cover; the edges are a bitch.
- Sqeegee all the water, and use a lint free cloth for the rest.

Bump to ask a question to those who used the Invisible Shields. I put mine on last night, and I know that the bubbles are supposed to take a day or two to get out, but my screen looks like crap. I got the full-body one, and all the non-screen portions looked great as soon as I put it on.

I don't know if I should wait much longer, take it off and reapply, or try applying the extra one they included? I did my best to make it dustfree before application (even used a brand new lint-free cloth after the first one I used wasn't cutting it), but it looks like there's a ton of dust underneath or something. Maybe they're microbubbles?

I was also surprised that the instructions said the skin could be slid around during the application process, because I couldn't do it even after drenching it with solution. Seems that peeling it partially off and reapplying works alright when it's still wet, though.

Personally, on launch day for the psp, I got my system, and a hori screen protector. I FINALLY took off the protector 2 weeks ago, and still not a single scratch on it.

Well my second attempt at putting on the screen portion of the Invisible Shield ended up better than the first, but still a ton on dust or dust-like specks with one giant one smack dab in the middle of my screen. I made sure to rinse the IS thoroughly, wipe off all the dust from the screen, soak it in a solution, etc., etc. Of course I got the "tricky" full-body parts on my first try, no sweat, but the only part that I actually cared about -- the screen -- is just plain unacceptable. There goes 10 bucks.

I guess I'll either go with a Hori, or try a third time to get the IS right. Does anyone know if I can take it off, wash it with soap or detergent, and reapply? Or are they only good for one application?
Well I took off the IS and the bad news is that the specks are permanently fused. No amount of rinsing, soaping, rubbing, or scraping did any good. Into the trash it goes.

the tiny specks will usually clear themselves out in a day or two. Mine have all completely disappeared. If it really is dust maybe you could try instead of washing it to use a piece of tape to try to stick the dust away. And about sliding it around, you need to give it a decent push to get it moving. Once that happens, getting it in the right place isn't too hard. Better than having to lay down a piece of plastic right the first time (great if you're good at it, but I always failed)

Sorry to bump this topic back up, but which Hori screen protector do you guys recommend, and where's the best place to get it?

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Sorry to bump this topic back up, but which Hori screen protector do you guys recommend, and where's the best place to get it?[/quote]
Seriously, I need to know. I have a PSP coming in about 3 days, so I need to order a screen protector as soon as I can. There are several different Hori screen protectors (privacy, regular, etc.), so I need to know which are the best or most widely used, and where a god place to get it would be. Thanks!

i purchased the Logitech PlayGear Pocket PSP Protector / Case

do i really need a screen protector as well, i mean the case will protect the PSP during transport, right?

what is the opinion of the board?

Thanks for the tip about using tape for the Invisible Shield, but the huge spot in the middle was just impossible to get rid of, so I gave up. I've been playing it without a protector since then (without taking the PSP anywhere) and decided to order a cheap-o screen protector and a hard pouch from DealExtreme today. For 8 bucks total I figure they're worth trying. I got the screen protector because I am afraid of the screen getting scratched inside a case/pouch. The other option I was considering was Sony's traveler case that Amazon is taking pre-orders for, but I'm impatient and can't wait a whole month for it to come out.

You can get the regular Hori designed for the PSP Slim at Play-Asia.com. You probably don't need the privacy version unless you don't want other people to see your screen as easily (it is designed to limit the viewing angle).

ok so i actually posted a new thread on it because i had widdled it down to two that i think suited my needs the best, keeping in mind i already feel anything can do the job of protecting minor scratches and i care most about clean and easy install, plus it being not noticeable at all.

so i narrowed it down to these:

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...58&pbmId=14592
v
http://www.invisibleshield.com/game-...y/psp-slim.php

i mean, alot of people did reccomend the invisishield, but they as well as the copy does focus alot on scratch protection, while the javoedge definetly pushes the kind of features i care more about.

I bought the Joytron System Skin Case, and I don't like it, if anyone wants it, PM me. (its still brand new, so just cover what I paid I guess).

[quote name='redkoolaid']I use this one on my pda.Bestskinsever.com go there and check it out iam very happy with it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='magiic']I am using full body skin from www.bestskinsever.com it works great[/QUOTE]

from what i've read the it's basically the invisible shield only less expensive.

[quote name='SinovaMikas']Probably said before, but go for Hori.[/QUOTE]

hor is the one thing i've already had a past experience with, plus i dont like how it apparently doesnt fit (and is not consistently labeled, which is bad if i specificalyl want the slim version without the privacy filter).

the javoedge interests me though, it least in terms of the wording they use to describe it, anyone use it?

I have a quick question - I got my PSP about a week ago, and ordered an invisible shield screen protector for it, which came yesterday. I put it on, it looks fine. The problem is, now I'm having problems with the start button. It looks fine, it's not pressed down or anything, but when using the PSP it is as if the start button is being held down.

My guess is that some of the magic spray got in under the start button - would this explain the problem I'm having? And if so, will the water that's under there eventually dry out and stop causing the problem?

bread's done
Back