Best Quality and Cheapest Deal on HDMI cables?

animemaniac14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
where can i find a good quality 3 ft long hdmi cable for the cheapest? i'm sure this has already been discussed on countless other threads but im being lazy and this will be bumped out of the top pretty quickly once everyone loses interest. an exact link to the HDMI cable would be the most helpful! thanks!

[quote name='animemaniac14']where can i find a good quality 3 ft long hdmi cable for the cheapest? i'm sure this has already been discussed on countless other threads but im being lazy and this will be bumped out of the top pretty quickly once everyone loses interest. an exact link to the HDMI cable would be the most helpful! thanks![/quote]

well a couple of weeks ago i bought some off amazon w/ s & h for about $6

monoprice. My 50' gold plated hdmi cable just came in from them the other day. I've also ordered a few 6' cables from them in the past.

[quote name='darkchaos']is there any difference between the 3ft. cable at monoprice and the one at amazon?[/QUOTE]

I trust monoprice and know they have excellent quality cables. Using a 3rd party amazon seller you could get anything.

[quote name='darkrage']I trust monoprice and know they have excellent quality cables. Using a 3rd party amazon seller you could get anything.[/quote]
good point, thanks. :)

[quote name='joker______']well a couple of weeks ago i bought some off amazon w/ s & h for about $6[/quote]

Yeah I picked up a 6ft for about that price from there as well, showed up 2 days after I paid for it and it works great with my 360!

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Monoprice HDMI 6 ft. cable. They also have 3 and 10 ft. cables available. Go here for all your cable needs.[/quote]

thanks so much everyone...the one above is what i ordered and hopefully it'll be here in the next few days!

btw...does anyone have any suggestions for a good optical cable? I wasn't sure if i could find that at monoprice...

Optical Cable 6ft.

Premium Optical Cable 6ft. (This is the one I usually order. The only difference between this and the other one is that it has metal connectors instead of plastic and the wire itself has metal braiding jacket. You should be fine with the other, it's just a personal choice.)

Again, they have these in 3, 6, and 10 ft. varieties.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Optical Cable 6ft.

Premium Optical Cable 6ft. (This is the one I usually order. The only difference between this and the other one is that it has metal connectors instead of plastic and the wire itself has metal braiding jacket. You should be fine with the other, it's just a personal choice.)

Again, they have these in 3, 6, and 10 ft. varieties.[/quote]

and would these optical cables (or rather, optical cables in general) be good to hook up to my Yamaha HTR-5940 Receiver and to my new Toshiba A30 HD DVD Player for surround sound (coming out of Harman Kardon HKTS14 surround sound speakers)?

[quote name='animemaniac14']and would these optical cables (or rather, optical cables in general) be good to hook up to my Yamaha HTR-5940 Receiver and to my new Toshiba A30 HD DVD Player for surround sound (coming out of Harman Kardon HKTS14 surround sound speakers)?[/quote]Yup. Go for it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yup. Go for it.[/quote]

thanks for all the help Steve McQ! went ahead and ordered the premium cuz i figured they'll last much longer and they're snazzier lookin :)

Hello, just a few questions... where can i find a REAL GOOD quality 100ft HDMI cable and splitter? I bought these two items from monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=2894&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301&p_id=3049&seq=1&format=2

Now when I watch tv, there's a crackling sound coming out of the TV that has the 100ft cable connected to it. I have my other TV connected with a 6ft monoprice HDMI cable and it's fine. Is it the splitter or just cuz the cable is too long? thanks.

SO you have an HDMI switch?

Please define your "Splitter"

B/c dollars to doughnuts - that's your problem - try plugging the HDMI cable in directly and testing that - if you still got issues - give them a call and see if you can work something out -you might need a lower gauge cable. But try to see if it's the switch/splitter first

[quote name='JaS0069']Hello, just a few questions... where can i find a REAL GOOD quality 100ft HDMI cable and splitter? I bought these two items from monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=2894&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301&p_id=3049&seq=1&format=2

Now when I watch tv, there's a crackling sound coming out of the TV that has the 100ft cable connected to it. I have my other TV connected with a 6ft monoprice HDMI cable and it's fine. Is it the splitter or just cuz the cable is too long? thanks.[/quote]

I'm running a 50' and a 100' HDMI cable from monoprice without any problems to either of my displays. I would check your "splitter".

I tried telling my uncle that pretty much all HDMI cables are the same but he wouldn't listen to me. He went out and bought like the $80+ Monster HDMI cables.

bread's done
Back