Best random game deal discovery?

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Hey, this is the bragging rights forum, so lets throw this out there. What's been your best random video game deal discovery?

My best was once going to a pawn shop near me which used to have n64/ps1 games for 5 bucks each, and one day I got Valkyrie Profile for ps1 for 5 bucks! It was in near mint condition too! Unfortunately, late last semester I needed some cash on sold it on ebay. Got $100 for it tho! I also got Ogre Battle for ps1 at the same time.

Who can beat that? Let's hear the stories!

got suikoden II for $5 at a video rental place last year. it was mint and complete but like you, i was force to sell it cause of my financial situation at the time

the x4 Final Fantasy XI w/ 40gb HDD bundle from CC at the end of the summer of this year. It was out of the system. but since the lady ringing me up was at the CS desk, she was able to find the last price before it went out of the system.

the price: $11.xx

i could not believe the price, she didn't want to believe the price, so she called the store manager. he was skeptikal about it but im sure he knows the drill since it was out of the system. after about 2 minutes of talking, he let me have it. the CS rep was not happy about it. she rang up 1, but i said i want all 4 and she did. less than $50 for all 4! sold them all recently though amazon and ebay for $99.99 each.

the best thing was at that time, they were having the buy-handheld game and get the second half off. thats actually why i was at the CS desk because the guy couldn't do it he said. she re-rang me up twice and the third time she accidentally gave me Final Fantasy Chocobo Tales for free. i didnt realize until i read the receipt in the car. it was my 2nd best deal this year..

oh, and the x2 DDR Mario Mixes from Sears for $21.97 each. I sold one 4 weeks ago for $230

A complete Shining Force CD for 5 bucks at a pawn shop. I traded it to someone here since I don't have a Sega CD.

Not amazing but I won a contest on goozex and got Tales of Symphonia (Non-PC), Battalion Wars, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2.

I bought a copy of Evolution 2 used, and when I got home and opened it, a copy of Evolution 1 fell out- someone had put both games in the case together.

A former co-worker was cleaning out some old games and asked if I'd want a couple old Dreamcast titles. I said 'yes'... a couple turned out to be more like a dozen- notables include Record of Lodoss War and a PAL copy of Shemue 2, with a boot disc.

Was helping a friend move back in high school, and her mom was ragging on her for having too many videogames (3 systems at the time.) To shut her up, she gave me her Super Nintendo and games on the spot. Games included all 3 Donkey Kong country titles, Mario RPG, Zelda, and E.V.O.

Had another friend moving after high school who offered to sell me his Sega CD/Genesis and game for $20. I said OK- when I went to pick everything up, I found out the games included Lunar: Sliver Star and Vay. The Sega CD died shortly after- just after I'd got a copy of Rise of the Dragon at a thrift shop that had 2 copies of the game in it. The Genesis was barely functional. A few months later, I found another set at a flea market. Originally $30, they knocked $10 off when I told them to keep the controllers and the Sega CD's hookups (the Genesis was a new model, so I needed those cables.) On top of that, I bought the half-busted set in the next weekend and got $10 for the older Genesis hookups.

Damn, how do you guys get so lucky?

The best deal I ever got (or can remember) was a complete Persona 2 for $4 just this summer. I found it months after EB/GS started clearing out old games and thought none of the local GS/EB stores carried PS1 games anymore. I sold that sucker for $30 profit.

Otherwise, it would have to be the CC $5 clearance. You guys remember that? It was my first CAG deal and I stored big on a bunch of games.

Mario Cement Factory game and watch (complete) $1

Tactics Ogre (everything except instruction booklet) $2

Persona (just disc) free

Persona 2 (case and disc) $2

there were a few others but those are the ones that jump to mind right now.

at goodwill

12 bucks

SNES 2 controllers
games only
sfII
Chrono Trigger
FF III
Temco Superbowl
and a few other crappy titles

At a pawn shop, all under $20 (if I remember correctly), because the owner didn't know why the hell he invested in "Chinese games".

(All for import Sega Saturn)

Advanced VG
Dungeons and Dragons Collection
Final Fight Revenge
Pretty Fighter X
X-Men VS Street Fighter
Sailor Moon S Various Emotions

All complete/mint.
I thought I was hallucinating when I saw them that day.

My best deal still has to be my near mint/complete Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2(Xbox), which I managed to grab from a local video place which later on closed up completely. I nabbed it for about $17-18.

Of course, holding onto my complete and nm copy of Silent Hill that I got from a local GS before they started clearing out PS1 titles for $12 stands out as a good move on my part too.

When my local TRU had that initial tag-clearance thing, they brought a ton of crap out of the back room:

REZ (PS2) - 3 copies at $11 each( when it was really rare)
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue complete(Ps1)($5)
Arc the LAd collection (PS1)($15)
Paper Mario($5)
Majora's Mask Col. Ed. ($3)
MArvel V Capcom 2 (PS2) $10 each
Shin megami Tensei $15

Not too bad, and TOTALLY fucking random.

Zelda Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition and Majora's Mask, both complete, for $3

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 XB new/sealed for $5

Guy Game new/sealed XB for $14.99

not the best game but
FF:ROTSS 360 for 2.54 clearance tagged at target. Manager claimed it was on recall and could not sell it, yet he had no problem trying to sell me the same game that was coming up for 20 bucks. Sticked it to him and won the game for 2.54.

I'm flipping this game the next time gs has a get an extra 10 for turning in two 360 games.

This isn't nearly as good as others but

NiGHTS for the Saturn mint for $8. Found it at a local gamestore where the workers know very little about the actual games and usually rip off little kids and parents.

probably a complete Rez a couple years ago when it was still commanding a $150 price used for $9.99 at Hollywood video. Or Gitaroo Man when it was still commanding a high price, got it new for $19.99 at Fred Meyer. Funny thing was, I saw it one week I was there, passed on it because I was short on money that week, went back a month later and it was still there, so I bought it.

Few years back at my local sears, they were closing the video game section of the store and wanted everything gone. I got a Sega Dreamcast, Shenmue 1 and 2, The Orignal Samba de Amigo with the Maracas, A racing game with a steering Wheel, Virtua Tennis, The game where you talk to the fish with the mic(I think its called Sam.) 4 Controllers, 2 Memory Sticks, Sonic the game and NHL 2k2 for $60.

I sold Samba De Amigo for $120

I also got Shining Force CD for $5... thanks Book & Music Exchange!

Traded it towards Panzer Dragoon Saga to a really nice guy :)

@Ncx - the fish and mic game is Seaman. It's fun.

[quote name='NcX2A fUtBaLl']Few years back at my local sears, they were closing the video game section of the store and wanted everything gone. I got a Sega Dreamcast, Shenmue 1 and 2, The Orignal Samba de Amigo with the Maracas, A racing game with a steering Wheel, Virtua Tennis, The game where you talk to the fish with the mic(I think its called Sam.) 4 Controllers, 2 Memory Sticks, Sonic the game and NHL 2k2 for $60.

I sold Samba De Amigo for $120[/QUOTE]

How did you get Shenmue II from Sears... when it was never released in North America? Did Sears carry imports or something... my Sears hasn't carried games since I was young so I don't remember.:whistle2:|

All of my best were totally random, and all at the same goodwill.
Sega Saturn w/ all chords, 2 controllers, and a copy of Virtua Cop 2.
Sega Genesis w/ all chords, controller, and 4 games.
All that for $5 and some change!

A couple months after that, got a boxed 32X from there for $3.97!
I love that goodwill. :D

I guess so. At the time I had never heard of Shenmue and decided to buy them both. Its now my favorite game series. But it was stange because Shenmue 2 wasn't wrapped like the other games. So maybe Sears didnt put it there....

as far as shopping? i guess it was when i got ff3 last year at goodwill for 3 bucks.

best deal ever? a buddy gave me a nintendo and bunch of games for free, some good ones in there like the dragon warrior series. another friend gave me some snes games for free like secret of mana and ff3, so that was cool.

ive since sold all of those.

[quote name='NcX2A fUtBaLl']Few years back at my local sears, they were closing the video game section of the store and wanted everything gone. I got a Sega Dreamcast, Shenmue 1 and 2, The Orignal Samba de Amigo with the Maracas, A racing game with a steering Wheel, Virtua Tennis, The game where you talk to the fish with the mic(I think its called Sam.) 4 Controllers, 2 Memory Sticks, Sonic the game and NHL 2k2 for $60.

I sold Samba De Amigo for $120[/quote]

You mean Seaman? I remember just laughing at the name, due to its closeness in spelling to something else. I remember you could 'evolve' your Seaman quicker by moving the internal clock ahead on the DC.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean Seaman? I remember just laughing at the name, due to its closeness in spelling to something else. [/quote]

hahaha...yeah...

I would say my best deal happened right at the end of the Saturn's life. I was at TRU and got all of the "last wave" Saturn games for about $10 each. House of the Dead, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers, MagicKnight Rayearth, and I think one other.

Recently the best deal of note was finding 13 copies of Lumines on clearance at TRU For around $12 each. Sold all of them via eBay and Amazon for an average of $40 each.

This was not a random deal discovery, but I will say that I am still thankful to briansraregames for telling me about the PSone/LCD combos price @ Kmart about a year or more ago now. I nabbed the last one my local Kmart had, for $10.

So, while I didn't discover it on my own, I am still very grateful for the deal I got.

13 copies of RE:CV for the gamecube clearanced at $9 a piece. Clearance = everyone else is too slow.

Also, found copies of Intelligent Qube and Diablo PS1 for $4 a piece and a mint/complete copy of FFT:Advance for $9.99 at a pawn shop the other day. 2nd copy of IQ I've found this year (the last one was $20 though.)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean Seaman? I remember just laughing at the name, due to its closeness in spelling to something else. I remember you could 'evolve' your Seaman quicker by moving the internal clock ahead on the DC.[/quote]

Yes thank you that was the name.

I won a Nintendo 64 at Target when I was younger. I also got the Zelda collector's edition thing free from Nintendo since I registered a few games. I never opened it and got $70 on ebay over the summer.

[quote name='Apossum']13 copies of RE:CV for the gamecube clearanced at $9 a piece. Clearance = everyone else is too slow. [/QUOTE]

same thing but my copies of RE:CV were at $3.75 a piece (it did happen to be 13 copies also though), sold each for anywhere from $25 to $45 dollars.

Not too amazing but recently I picked up a used mario party 7 gamecube bundle for $30 from a flea market and opened the box to find a memory card, super mario strikers and simpsons hit and run were also in the box. Sold Mario Party 7 for $45, Strikers for $40, Simpsons for $30, and the gamecube and memory card for $45 (I love near christmas prices). Kept controller number 2 of the bundle for myself...I love feeling like I got paid $100 (after original costs, shipping and fees) to get another gamecube controller.

A complete GameCube system w/ GB Player, 25 games for only $50, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY PS3 for $1 when TRU had that glitch online. :D

I got WiiPlay unopened (with wiimote) at Goodwill for $20. Then just last week I got two sealed wiimotes (with gel covers) for $50 at the same Goodwill. I remember getting good deals at GameCrazy and flipping them on ebay, can't remember which titles though (Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and some multi-disc rpg's).

A couple years ago I went to a local used game shop in Kansas City and I got a boxed/mint/complete Sega Master System w/ 5 games for about $30. I know it maybe isn't the rarest, but the condition on it was just amazing, as if it had barely been used.

Still have it and I'm keeping it indefinitely, though i must admit I haven't had it hooked up in a while with all my moving around.

Was walking around my local gamestop and found Oblivion used for $30. It was 4 months after release so I was basically very happy. Bought it and immediately sold it on ebay for $55. I should've cleaned them out that day, but I didn't have enough money.

a couple of years back i got a sealed copy of valkyrie profile at a Gamestop. i sawthe store from the freeway driveing back from college. needed a pee break, stoped and got it for 29.99 :D

wii play with wiimote $6 goodwill
ds lite charger $1.xx sears
superkey $3 friend
Hori Saturn Stick $10 pawn
today at s. army ~ genesis games (Street Fighter 2 SCE, Strider, Sonic & Knuckles and 6 pak

bread's done
Back