Best rechargeable for wiimote?

DuelLadyS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Since I suspect I'll be getting a Wii in the next couple months, I figure it's a good time to get opions on what to power the wiimotes with. I don't care if I get something Wii-specific or just a general set of rechargeable batteries... I do know I don't want the Nyko charger because I've read it won't fit in the zapper dealie (which I want to get), and I want the charge base to have a cord, not just a flip-out plug, so I can put it on the shelf while it's charging instead of the floor. I intend to get 2 wiimotes. Any opinions?

Short answer: Eneloops

Best answer: Eneloops

Hopefully they will be compatible with the upcoming induction charger, which hopefully can also be used with WM+ installed, but unfortunately I'll need someone to test that for me.

But yeah - Eneloops. Get those.

i just have a battery charger and some rechargeable batteries works fine for me.... that way i always have a set charging....

I know you said you didn't want it, but the Nyko model is the most established and reliable out there.

I have the LaCrosse BC-900 battery charger. It came with 4 AA's and 4 AAA's. It's one of the best chargers out there. Point being, even if you buy Eneloops, you can still destroy them with a poor quality charger or bad charging habits. So, even if you go for the eneloops, do yourself a favor and get a good charger like the BC-900. It's not the only good one, but you can find it for around $40 and with all the extras it comes with, it's a good value and a good investment.

buying the battery packs leaves you more likely to recharge them after every time you play. Generally this shortens the life of the battery packs. Whereas with AA rechargeables, you're more likely to use them until the remote is nearly dead (or in my case when it's completely dead and cuts you off in the middle of a game).

Any rechargeable battery has a limited number of recharge cycles. So if you're putting it in a charging base after every time you use the wiimote, you're probably going to get less life out of the battery than if you run it down almost all they way before recharging. Also, quick charging tends to be harder on the batteries. Lastly, most regular chargers don't lower the current once your battery is full. Then the battery gets overcharged and heat builds up, which also tends to shorten the life.

So in short, even a great battery will seem like crap if you treat it improperly or are using a poor quality charger.

[quote name='Strell']Short answer: Eneloops

Best answer: Eneloops

Hopefully they will be compatible with the upcoming induction charger, which hopefully can also be used with WM+ installed, but unfortunately I'll need someone to test that for me.

But yeah - Eneloops. Get those.[/QUOTE]

This. I have Eneloops and I have Tiger Woods with WM+...I will report back later on today.:cool:

EDIT: Oh yeah....Eneloops work just fine with WM+. And Tiger Woods is just superb, and I am not where NEAR a golf enthusiast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give you the same answer I did in the previous topic: don't worry about it, it's just batteries! Buy some cheap rechargeable ones, which not only last plenty of time without needing to recharge, they also can be used on several other electronic devices. And, most important of all, you save money to buy what really matters: games!

Thanks! Bumping....
clear.gif

Copypasta from crunchewy's thread incoming re: Induction Charger by Energizer

Bumping this because the Energizer solution is now officially out via Amazon. Here also be a review, where it is stated specifically that WM+ does not hinder charging capability. I've read the review, however, and it doesn't specifically mention how they tested this. In other words, can you keep WM+ on and use it vertically, or do you have to lay everything down horizontally?

Just quick score and pros/cons:
N+ Points

N+ Easy to use
N+ Convenient
N+ Compatible with Wii MotionPlus and the Wii Jacket

N- Points

N- Quite a bit expensive ($49.99)
N- Takes a while to fully charge

JudgmeN+: 9.5

This also means you'll be using included battery packs, which is fine, but I'm already heavily invested in Eneloops, so I'm probably going to hold off until a sale arises.

Personally, I just use a wall charger with a set of AA batteries. While not as cool as the induction charging, it's a whole lot cheaper and is guaranteed to work with any device that takes AA batteries. I have to change them out maybe every couple of weeks, but it's not that big of a hassle since I have enough to always at least have a set of batteries charged.

[quote name='62t']too bad this is Japan only

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9998527-1.html[/QUOTE]

This would probably be the only wii remote charging system I'd be interested in, if it ever makes it here, and as long as it works with motion plus attached. The InCharge system just seems cheap and with a LiPoly pack, I'd be skeptical. The eneloop brand name and reputation has a lot going for it, but even with that, all the dedicated wii remote charging system just seem overpriced compared to getting some good AA's and a good charger. This system seems like the first to try and get some quality battery packs and an easy to use design (works w/o contacts and with sleeve on).

I just bought the Energizer Charger from Game Stop.. it is currently on sale for 39.99 also, regular price is 49.99..

I have WM+ on both controllers with the silicon wrap and it works fine.. I have the stand set up vertically. the controllers actually fit better with WM+ attached.

bread's done
Back